Women’s health conditions are the largest group of presentations you are likely seeing and it is the foundation of many of your practices. Getting great results in this area of health is crucial. Fortunately, these conditions are highly amenable to natural care and we can frequently achieve quick, brilliant results when we have the strategy right. The results often significantly improve the quality of life in women and impact their lives forever.
The Natural Women’s Health Masterclass features the most highly-regarded names in natural women’s health. They will be giving you their clinical secrets that they have learned over their many years of specialised experience. You will receive clear, research-backed treatment protocols and strategies that have been proven in thousands of patients.
This is a 4 yearly update of our Women’s Health Masterclass which has been one of our most popular programs. If you haven’t done it yet, get on board.
FROM THIS MASTERCLASS YOU WILL LEARN
- To clearly understand the various mechanisms of the conditions being covered
- The very latest research and emerging theories
- How to identify the many causes of hormonal imbalance in women
- Which tests you may need to run to confirm your patient’s hormonal status
- How to accurately interpret the results of the assessments you run
- Which are the most important lifestyle factors that may be affecting your patients
- How the various hormonal systems interact including the thyroid, cortisol and sex hormones
- What strategies you can use to improve your patient’s metabolism
- When your patient needs specialist medical care and who to refer to
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- Clear protocol explanations
- Clinical pearls for practice results
- Access to audio and video recordings
- A PDF of the presenter’s slides
- Links to all referenced research papers and useful clinical handouts
- Your exclusive invitation to our alumni hub to ask questions
WEBINAR ONE: The Hormonal Cycles
Presenter: Jaclyn Chasse
- Hormonal changes throughout a normal menstrual cycle along with the drivers which cause them to move and adjust
- The interplay between other hormonal systems with the HPO axis- how do thyroid and adrenal hormones interface with the female menstrual hormone systems?
- How to apply a patient’s symptom picture and menstrual patterns to tighten your differential diagnosis even before lab testing
- How to evaluate the hormonal cycle through standard serum testing and alternative testing options such as saliva, urine, and more
- How to troubleshoot unusual hormonal patterns by applying what you know about the how’s & why’s of the hormonal cycle
WEBINAR TWO: Perimenopause and Menopause
Presenter: Shelley Burns
- Defining perimenopause, menopause and postmenopause
- Understanding the roles estrogen, progesterone, cortisol, androgens and TSH play during these stages of life
- Understanding the symptom differences between perimenopause, menopause and postmenopause
- Understanding the assessment tools available to guide treatment
- Understanding different therapeutic treatment options including lifestyle, dietary, herbal remedies, homeopathy and bio-identical hormones
WEBINAR THREE: Sexual Dysfunction and Reduced Libido
Presenter: Jaclyn Chasse
- Understand what drives libido and sexual stimulation from a medical/clinical perspective
- Appreciate the complex contextual, subjective, and layered factors that contribute to libido in women
- Understand the lifestyle factors, nutritional support, and herbal approaches that can support libido and sexual function in women
- Gain the skills and language necessary to address behavioral contributions to sexual dysfunction & libido
WEBINAR FOUR: Vaginal and Cervical Conditions
Presenter: Moira Bradfield
- Introduction to the vaginal microbiome
- Basic theory, changes through stage of life
- Risks associated with dysbiosis
- Recurrent vaginal infections
- Bacterial vaginosis: Impact on the vaginal microbiome, systemic influences
- Recurrent vulvovaginal candidiasis: Chronic vs recurrent, nonalbicans candidiasis
- Systemic influences
- Case Study
- Cervical health
- Dysplasia and Persistent HPV
- Considerations in treatment
WEBINAR FIVE: Pelvic Conditions
Presenter: Jaclyn Chasse
- The main functions of the uterus & endometrium in a healthy state
- Symptoms, diagnosis, and management of pelvic conditions including
- Pelvic infection
- Implantation-related infertility
- Lifestyle interventions and nutritional and herbal therapeutics to address pelvic conditions
WEBINAR SIX: Benign Breast Disease
Presenter: Marianne Marchese
- Understand the differences between benign and cancerous breast masses and conditions
- Understand the differences between breast ultrasound, mammogram, MRI and thermogram
- Understand newer tests available for breast mass evaluation
- Understand the work-up and management of patients through case discussion/examples
- Understand integrative treatment including lifestyle, nutrition, botanicals and nutrients
WEBINAR SEVEN: PCOS
Presenter: Kim Bretz
- Understanding the errors in diagnosing PCOS
- Diagnosing PCOS and associated metabolic syndrome
- PCOS through the ages including menopause
- Management of PCOS through diet, supplements and herbs
- Preventative care/testing for risk factors associated with PCOS and metabolic syndrome
WEBINAR EIGHT: Premenstrual Irregularities
Presenter: Sandra Villella
- Defining premenstrual irregularities
- Detail the current theories of the aetiology of this syndrome including
- The understanding that some women are more “sensitive” to endogenous progesterone and pharmaceutical progestogens
- An interaction or responsiveness to the neurotransmitters serotonin and GABA
- How herbs and nutraceuticals and their respective potential mechanisms may influence the interactions proposed in these theories.
WHAT YOU SAY
“Awesome presentation with clear reasoning and guidelines behind each of the nutrients discussed.” M Jenkins
“Wow! The depth of knowledge is breathtaking. Thank you Health Masters Live for bringing such an esteemed group of women together.” J Bulleid
“All very interesting and relevant information – very detailed. Thank you!” S Mew
“This was my first webinar, and even though I began after a very long day, I enjoyed it, and felt I learnt heaps! Thanks!” C Bradshaw
“Up to date, relevant, and practical resources so generously shared, such a breath of fresh air! Thank you Health Masters.” T Mcintosh
“Thanks. I am feeling very inspired and confident to support lots of pregnant and wanting to be pregnant women!” C Bradshaw
“Fantastic Masterclass! Has given me so much confidence in practice and a sense of support with other practitioners. I love the unbiased and clinical focus of these series of lectures and can’t wait to participate and learn more in the next Masterclass. Thank you!” T Quirk
Dr Jaclyn Chasse ND is a naturopathic doctor and the co-founder of Northeast Integrative Medicine. She is a licensed naturopathic doctor who is passionate about applying her clinical knowledge. She is a sought-after writer for both peer-reviewed journals and lay publications and speaker at national and international conferences, presenting on topics in regulatory affairs and integrative clinical practice, specifically in the specialty areas of women’s health, infertility, and pediatrics.She serves on the adjunct faculty at Bastyr University in the field of gynecology and reproductive health. Her clinical practice focuses on these specialties.
Jaclyn’s unique background includes clinical practice, lab sciences, extensive teaching and strategic leadership. She is very involved in both practitioner and industry groups. She serves on the Board of Directors for the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians and as a Trustee for the American Herbal Products Association. She is the immediate Past-President of the NH Association of Naturopathic Doctors. During her tenure, she led legislation to require insurance coverage of services provided by Naturopathic Doctors, increased association revenue and doubled the profitability of the association’s annual conference, and the association also expanded the formulary (prescribing rights) of doctors in the state.
Sandra Villella Dip App Sci (Nat), M App Sci has been a practising naturopath and herbalist since 1994 and completed her postgraduate acupuncture studies with a Masters of Applied Science. Sandra specialises in the management of perimenopausal health complaints.
Sandra is also a consultant naturopath at the Jean Hailes Foundation for Women’s Health, a not-for-profit organisation providing valuable health education and services s for women from adolescence to mid-life and beyond. The foundation is regarded throughout Australia as a leader in women’s healthcare. Through her work with the Jean Hailes Foundation for Women’s Health, Sandra is constantly exposed to up to date research and trends with regards to perimenopausal women’s health.
She educates GPs and other health professionals throughout Australia on the evidence-based and traditional naturopathic managements of perimenopausal women. Sandra lectures final year naturopathic and nutrition students at Endeavour College.
Shelley Burns ND is a Naturopathic Doctor and co-owner of Lawrence Park Osteopathy. With her extensive experience in providing health care for executives, she has worked alongside physicians consulting as a team and continues to work with executive clients to assist them in achieving peak health.
Dr Burns, ND completed the four-year program at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine in Toronto, where she received the NaturoMedic Award for proficiency in Naturopathic Medicine. She holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology and Philosophy from Wilfred Laurier University and certification in Complementary and Integrative Medicine from the Harvard Medical School. Dr Burns is past chair of the Ontario Association of Naturopathic Doctors and currently sits on the College of Naturopaths of Ontario (CONO).
Dr Burns was the Chair of the Ontario Association of Naturopathic Doctors and played a fundamental role in developing the Naturopathy Act. Shelly also supervises at the Robert Schad Naturopathic Clinic. During her tenure at this clinic, Dr Burns has had the honour of mentoring many Naturopathic interns and continues to do so. Dr Shelley Burns is a dedicated Naturopathic Doctor with 15 years experience in the profession.
Marianne Marchese ND graduated from Creighton University in 1990 as an Occupational Therapist and treated neurological and orthopedic patients for over 12 years. She received her naturopathic medical degree from NUNM in 2002, completed a two-year residency in Integrative Medicine and Women’s Health, and a six-month post-graduate training in Environmental Medicine.
Dr Marchese was named to Phoenix magazines Top Doctor Issue as one of the top naturopathic physicians in the Phoenix area. She treats all health conditions utilising the principles of naturopathic medicine. She assists the body to heal itself using botanical medicine, bio-identical hormones, homeopathy, detoxification, IV therapy, Chelation, microcurrent, diet, exercise, stress management, and lifestyle changes. Dr Marchese’s goal is to empower patients to play an active role in their own health care and wellbeing.
Dr Marchese is the author of the best selling book “8 Weeks to Women’s Wellness.” This book describes the environmental links to 10 women’s health conditions, provides information on sources of exposure and avoidance tips, includes an 8-week detoxification plan.
Dr Marchese is adjunct faculty at Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine teaching gynecology. She is past adjunct faculty member at NUNM in Portland Oregon, Life Chiropractic College West in Hayward California, Bastyr University in San Diego, and past instructor of environmental medicine at Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine. She served on the State of Arizona Naturopathic Physicians Medical Board for over four years appointed in 2013 by Governor Jan Brewer. She is past Vice President of the Council on Naturopathic Medical Education, past member of the AANP House of Delegates, past vice president of the Arizona Naturopathic Medical Association, and past board member of the Naturopathic Academy of Environmental Medicine.
Dr Marchese has lectured throughout the U.S. and Canada, appeared on numerous TV news programs and radio shows. She has had articles published in Real Simple Magazine, Arizona Republic, Raising Arizona Kids, Arizona Green Magazine, Scottsdale Living Magazine, Natural Medicine Journal, Dynamic Living Magazine, and Natural Solutions Magazine. Dr Marchese writes the environmental medicine column in The Townsend Letter.
Kim Bretz ND is a naturopathic doctor, founder and clinic director of Fundamentals of Health, in Waterloo, Ontario. Upon graduating from the University of Guelph in Biology, she entered the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine, graduating in 2001. She returned to Kitchener Waterloo and has worked in an interprofessional setting ever since, working with MDs, massage therapists, pharmacists, osteopaths, chiropractors and other healthcare providers.
Kim teaches gastrointestinal physiology at the Canadian College of Massage and Hydrotherapy, lectures at universities, runs continuing education programs for NDs, MDs, pharmacists and dieticians and has been working with patients for over 15 years in the area of gut health and the microbiota.
She was elected to the College of Naturopaths of Ontario and as of 2015 and sits on the executive committee as well as the Inquiries, Complaints and Reports Committee. She also teaches a third-year course at the University of Waterloo, Pharmacy School in the area of CAM care and inter-professionalism.
Moira Bradfield ND is a Naturopath, Acupuncturist and educator with over 18 years clinical experience. She has a passion for helping people experience optimal health in sustainable and sensible ways.
Clinically she has a niche interest in recurrent vaginal infections, optimal vaginal and genitourinary health, hormones and the vaginal microbiome. She is the founder of Intimate Ecology clinical and education services.
Moira holds a Bachelor of Naturopathy Southern Cross University, a Masters degree in Acupuncture from Southern Cross University and is a PhD Candidate at Griffith University in the area of the vaginal microbiome and recurrent vaginal infections. In addition to her role as a Naturopath, Moira has lectured in Naturopathy, biosciences and nutrition both overseas and in Australia.
NEXT LEVEL CLINICAL PRACTICE
Research on natural medicine is increasing fast. You will get the very latest research and practical direction in assisting the large number of patients seeking natural health care. With every course, you receive the links to all papers referenced.
FOREVER ASK QUESTIONS
As a graduate of any of our Masterclass events, you will receive an exclusive invitation to our locked and highly valuable alumni hub where we share ideas, case studies, ask questions of fellow graduates and all keep in touch.
We present high-level, unbiased, post-graduate education. We have no financial connection to any suppliers of supplements or other goods to natural healthcare providers. All presentations are high level, unbiased, and noncommercial.
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
You will receive a personalized certificate for each course you do with us. For further information on CEs please refer to our Continuing Education page.
THE ALL ACCESS PASS
Before you purchase ANY class you might want to consider the All Access Pass for best value. Master your postgraduate education and get on board today.
- World Class presenters
- Unbiased information
- Clinical focus
- Comprehensive topic coverage
- Easy access to all notes, handouts, videos
- Best and latest information
- No travel costs or carbon emissions
- No time away from your family