THE NEURODEGENERATIVE DISEASES MASTERCLASS
9 Module Online Webinar Series
In the past neurodegenerative conditions have been quite problematic to treat. However, considerable progress has been made in understanding their causes, and many natural strategies have been demonstrated to help people with these diseases.
For the first time, we have seen research demonstrating that natural medicine can improve these conditions which opens up the possibility for us to make a huge difference to peoples lives.
The neurodegenerative diseases being covered in this Masterclass include the dementias, multiple sclerosis, and Parkinson’s disease. There is also a session on how to maximise recovery from traumatic brain injury.
Neurodegeneration can be devastating for patients and their families. We now have a unique opportunity to head off dramatic life changes for those showing, or at risk of any neurodegenerative diseases.
Your presenters are all specialists in their neurological fields and have a large amount to share with us. This is a good opportunity to add to your clinical skills in neurodegenerative diseases and become known for your expertise.
Dr Rob Kachko ND LAc. is a recognized expert in the fields of healthy aging, neurodegenerative disease, and cardiovascular disease. He serves on the Board of Directors of the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians and the New York Association of Naturopathic Physicians, and as Chair of Public Education and Media Affairs for the AANP.
Dr Kabran Chapek ND. is a licensed naturopathic physician with primary experience in mental health care and has been a staff physician at Amen Clinics since 2013. He has a special interest in the assessment and treatment of Alzheimer’s and dementia, traumatic brain injuries, PTSD, and anxiety disorders.
John Coleman ND. was cofounder of Very Special Kids in 1984 following the death of his older son, Damian. John completed his Naturopathic studies in 1998 and founded the Neurorecovery Foundation in 2002. This organization was established to support those challenged with neurodegenerative or autoimmune disorders who sought to help themselves by exploring all options for treatment and better health.
Dr Paul Hrkal ND. is a naturopathic physician with a clinical focus on sports medicine, chronic pain, neurological disorders, especially traumatic brain injury. He is also chief naturopathic doctor and nutritional consultant at Complete Concussion Management Inc.
Dr Michael Friedman ND. is a naturopathic physician and medical herbalist. He graduated from the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine in 1998 and was adjunct instructor of endocrinology at the University of Bridgeport in Connecticut.
You can read more about your presenters below.
FROM THIS MASTERCLASS YOU WILL
- Understand the mechanisms of neurodegeneration in the different diseases
- Know what the principal causes of neurological damage are
- Learn how to recognise early signs of neurological deficit
- Know when to recommend neurological assessment
- Learn how to structure a care plan for people presenting with neurological degeneration
- Get the latest research for natural solutions to neurodegeneration
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- Clear explanations on how to achieve outstanding clinical results
- A PDF of all presentation slides
- Links to all referenced research papers and useful clinical handouts
- Access to the live presentations where you can ask questions
- 6 months access to the recordings
- Your exclusive invitation to the Health Masters Live Alumni Group
Each session is 90 minutes: 75 minutes presentation + 15 minutes Q&A
WEBINAR ONE: Dementia Treatment 1: Cardiometabolic
Presenter: Dr. Rob Kachko ND.
- Blood pressure
WEBINAR TWO: Dementia Treatment 2: Metabolic and Toxic
Presenter: Dr Kabran Chapek ND.
- Causes of dementia
- How to identify causes based on symptoms and laboratory workup
- blood sugar
- In office testing using
- web based computer testing
- in office pencil and paper testing
- functional assessment
- How to create a program that will slow neurodegeneration and simultaneously improve cognition
WEBINAR THREE: Dementia Treatment 3: Psychological and Neurological
Presenter: Dr. Rob Kachko ND.
- Cognitive engagement
- Social engagement
WEBINAR FOUR: Parkinson’s and Related Disorders 1
Presenter: Dr. John Coleman ND.
- History and conservative view of Parkinson’s disease
- New view – set of symptoms
- Aetiological pathways
- Genetic connection?
- Trauma/high stress – Burke, Victoroff, McEwen, Maté, Lipton, et al
- Toxins – food, additives, personal care products, household products, community, agro, industry, EMF, travel
- Chronic infection – Borrelia, Bartonella, EBV, Mycoplasma, Rickettsia. Recognition
WEBINAR FIVE: Parkinson’s and Related Disorders 2
Presenter: Dr. John Coleman ND.
- Seeking wellness, not cure
- Trauma/high stress – self-help, professional therapies, herbs, homoeopathics, flower essences. Can western medication help?
- Toxins – foods that heal/harm, personal care and household, avoiding external toxins, removing embedded toxins
- Chronic infection – acceptance, diagnosis, concomitant treatment
- Life-long commitment to wellnesss
WEBINAR SIX: Brain Trauma Recovery
Presenter: Dr Paul Hrkal ND.
- The latest pathophysiology of traumatic brain injury
- The latest pharmaceutical interventions studied for traumatic brain injury
- Endocrine, metabolic and immunological changes after traumatic brain injury
- Neuroprotective effects of specific nutritional modifications – Mediterranean diet, caloric restriction and ketogenic diet
- Functional medicine and naturopathic therapeutic strategy to addressing the underlying pathophysiology of traumatic brain injury and promote neurogenesis
- Strategies to address acute traumatic brain injury and post-concussion syndrome
- Case reports
WEBINAR SEVEN: Ketosis for Brain Function and Risk Reduction
Presenter: Cliff Harvey
- What is ketosis and ketone bodies
- Research on benefits of ketones for neural disorders
- Why ketones offer the potential for the treatment of neural disorders
- How we can apply research and our clinical experience for better outcomes in patients with neural disorders
WEBINAR EIGHT: Multiple Sclerosis
Presenter: Dr Michael Friedman ND.
- Contributors to MS
- MS mechanisms
- Prevention strategies
- Natural treatment options
WEBINAR NINE: Toxicity and Neurodegeneration
Presenter: Dr Andrew Campbell MD.
- Inflammation from toxins
- Genetically modified organisms
- Inflammatory foods and beverages
- Chicken. Meat for the price of bread
- Dysbiosis and leaky gut
- Obesity and inflammation
- Inflammatory foods and beverages
- Inflammatory chemicals
- Our body and the microbiome
- Prevention and treatment
Dr Rob Kachko ND LAc. graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Doctoral Degree in Naturopathic Medicine and a Masters Degree in Acupuncture from the University of Bridgeport College of Naturopathic Medicine and Acupuncture Institute.
Dr. Kachko is a recognized expert in the fields of healthy aging, neurodegenerative disease, and cardiovascular disease. He proudly serves on the Board of Directors of the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians (AANP) and the New York Association of Naturopathic Physicians (NYANP), and as Chair of Public Education and Media Affairs for the AANP.
In order to create access to natural approaches to care, he works to expand research and awareness of holistic approaches to aging. He serves on the Medical and Dental Advisory Board for Sharp Again Naturally, a non-profit committed to natural approaches to Alzheimer’s and Dementia care. He also serves as clinical research consultant to the Alzheimer’s Prevention Clinic at Weill Cornell Medical.
Dr Kabran Chapek ND. is a licensed naturopathic physician with primary experience in mental health care and has been a staff physician at Amen Clinics since 2013. He graduated from Bastyr University in Seattle and is an expert in functional and integrative mental health treatments and collaborates extensively with many of the Amen Clinic’s physicians.
He received his clinical psychiatric experience from 2007 to 2013 while treating patients with severe mental illness and addiction issues in a partial hospital program as part of a multidisciplinary team. He has a special interest in the assessment and treatment of Alzheimer’s and dementia, traumatic brain injuries, PTSD, and anxiety disorders.
Dr Chapek is the founding president of the Psychiatric Association of Naturopathic Physicians, an affiliate group of the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians.
Dr Michael Friedman ND. is a naturopathic physician and medical herbalist. He graduated from the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine in 1998 and was adjunct instructor of endocrinology at the University of Bridgeport in Connecticut. He is also the founder and director of the Annual Restorative Medicine Conference.
Dr. Friedman is the author of the medical textbook Fundamentals of Naturopathic Endocrinology and co-author or Healing Diabetes. His research on the use of SR T3 has been published by the University Puerto Rico Medical School. Dr. Friedman has lectured at three naturopathic and allopathic medical schools including NCNM, UB, CCNM and at the Dehradun Medical School of Physicians and Surgeons in India.
He is currently the Executive Director of the non-profit Assoication for the Advancement of Restorative Medicine (AARM).
Dr Paul Hrkal ND. is a naturopathic physician practicing in Ontario, Canada. He graduated from the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine as a Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine in 2011. He also has a Bachelor of Kinesiology from McMaster University graduating in 2005.
Dr Hrkal has a clinical focus on sports medicine, chronic pain, neurological disorders and integrative cancer care. His specialty is traumatic brain injury and he is currently a scientific advisory board member and chief naturopathic doctor at Complete Concussion Management Inc.
By August 1995 John Coleman ND. had lost his power of speech and was wondering how he could go on living. Suffering symptoms of stage IV Parkinson’s disease and early stage Multi-system Atrophy, diagnosed by five medical and complementary practitioners, he was unable to walk more than 5 metres without assistance and took up to an hour and a half to dress himself.
Severely dissatisfied with the treatment and prognosis he received from western medical practitioners, John decided to pursue other pathways to health. With the aid natural therapies, John was completely symptom-free by April 1998.
John was the founder of the Neurorecovery Foundation in 2002. This organization was established to support those challenged with neurodegenerative or autoimmune disorders who sought to help themselves by exploring all options for treatment and better health.
John conducted fourteen Neuro Recovery Pathways Programmes at Petrea King’s Quest For Life Centre in NSW over a four-year period. These programs provided participants with information and encouragement to reverse their degenerative disorder and resume joyful good health. He has also conducted practitioner training and lectures on recovery from challenging disorders in many states of Australia, USA, Germany, Austria, and UK. John practices in his Naturopathic Clinic in Lancefield while continuing to lecture and mentor health practitioners and members of the public about recovery from degenerative disorders and MSIDS.
World Class presenters | Unbiased information | Clinical focus | Comprehensive discussion with deep drilling | Easy access to all notes, handouts, videos | Best and latest information | No travel costs | No carbon emissions | No time away from your clinic or your family
TAKE YOUR PRACTICE TO THE NEXT LEVEL
Research on natural medicine is increasing fast. You will get the very latest research and practical direction in assisting the large number of patients seeking natural health care. With every course, you receive the links to all papers referenced.
FOREVER ASK QUESTIONS
As a graduate of any of our Masterclass events you will receive an exclusive invitation to our locked and highly valuable Health Masters Live Alumni Group where we share ideas, case studies, ask questions of fellow graduates and all keep in touch.
We present high-level, unbiased, post-graduate education. We have no financial connection to any suppliers of supplements or other goods to natural healthcare providers. All presentations are the highest level, unbiased, and noncommercial.
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
You will receive a personalized certificate for each course you do with us. We are a global company and have our events preapproved by many associations around the world. A list of course approvals are on our calendar page under each course. Please check with your professional Board with regard to how many points/credits per hour of study are given with Health Masters Live classes. For further information on CEs please refer to our Continuing Education page.
THE ALL ACCESS PASS
Before you purchase ANY class you might want to consider the All Access Pass for best value. Master your postgraduate education and get on board today.