THE MICROBIOME MASTERCLASS
8 Module Online Webinar Series
The Microbiome is now an important consideration in the clinical care of most of our patients. It’s not just gut conditions that we associate our friendly flora with. It’s a wide and widening list of non-gastrointestinal conditions too. This Masterclass brings you up to date with many other conditions our diverse microbiome affects.
Our epidemics of chronic disease are especially amenable to microbiome-directed care. We can alter the risk and the progression of serious conditions like cancer, diabetes and obesity. We also know that mental health disorders, autism and allergies are known to exhibit specific flora abnormalities that benefit from microbial rebalancing. For some patients, faecal microbial transplantation is their best option. You will learn when this is indicated and how we are best to advise and support these people.
The new research and the emerging clinical value of the microbiome have exploded with new findings coming from all directions. This opens up many new therapeutic options for us. The Microbiome Masterclass will update you on the major advances that have been made in this field that you can use in clinical practice. See the program below for the full details on the topics you will be covering in this Masterclass.
FROM THIS MASTERCLASS YOU WILL
- Know when to address the microbiome as a therapeutic option
- Learn how the microbiome changes through our life cycle
- Understand how the microbiome affects oestrogen metabolism and its many consequences
- Learn when faecal microbial transplantation is appropriate and what you can do to support these patients
- Learn how to use prebiotics, probiotics and synbiotics in specifically appropriate conditions
- Receive clear protocols on how to improve our patient’s microbiome
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- Clear explanations on how to achieve outstanding clinical results
- A PDF of all the presenter’s slides
- Links to all referenced research papers and useful clinical handouts
- Access to the live presentations where you can ask questions
- 6 months access to the audio and video recordings
- Your exclusive invitation to the Health Masters Live Alumni Group
Each session is 90 minutes: 75 minutes presentation + 15 minutes Q&A
WEBINAR ONE: Microbiome in Cancer
Presenter: Dr Tina Kaczor ND, FABNO
- Review the literature on microbiota associated links to cancer occurrence and recurrence
- Discuss how chemotherapy and gut flora interact, for better and worse
- Review the data on side effects and outcomes of immuno-oncology agents and gut flora
- Best practices for optimizing outcomes: do’s and don’ts
WEBINAR TWO: Microbiome Principles
Presenter: Liz Lipski PhD, CCN, CNS, CHN
- Understand the emerging role of the microbiome in human health maintenance
- Explore microbiome through stages of the life cycle
- Overview of microbiome in systemic conditions: obesity, mental health, atopic disease, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, kidney disease, and more
- Explore the role of diet and the environment on maintaining a healthy microbiome
- Explore the role of therapeutic diets in restoring dysbiosis
WEBINAR THREE: The Oestrolobiome
Presenter: Dr Carrie Jones ND, MPH (Bio)
- Brief review of oestrogen detoxification through the liver
- Explain how oestrogen is packaged to detoxify through the GI Tract
- Define the Oestrobolome and what it does for estrogen in detoxification
- Identify reasons for an unhealthy Oestrobolome
- Discuss treatment options to support an Oestrobolome and oestrogen detoxification
WEBINAR FOUR: Faecal Microbial Transplantation
Presenter: Dr Mark Davis ND
- What is FMT
- Indications and appropriate transplantation
- Transplant procedures
- Support for transplantation
WEBINAR FIVE: Microbiome and Cardiometabolic Disease
Presenter: Dr Liz Lipski PhD, CCN, CNS, CHN
- Diet and microbiome changes
- Drivers of cardiometabolic risk v drivers of disturbed microbiota
- LPS and cardiometabolic risk
- Probiotic-rich foods
- Prebiotic-rich foods
- Synbiotics and cardiometabolic syndrome
WEBINAR SIX: Microbiome and Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Presenter: Dr Mark Davis ND
- IBD overview
- Inflammation and medications and microbiota
- Microbiota variances in inflammatory bowel disease
- Microbiome strategies
WEBINAR SEVEN: The Microbiome in Autism
Presenter: Dr Heather Way PhD
- The autism microbiome
- Role of the microbiota in neural function
- Pre and probiotics
- Changing the microbiome
WEBINAR EIGHT: The Impact of Probiotics on the Microbiome
Presenter: Jo Panyko BS, MNT
- Introduction to probiotics
- Major genera of probiotics
- Benefits of probiotics on the GI tract and its microbiome
- Benefits of probiotics on non-GI conditions and their microbiomes
Dr Mark Davis ND is a naturopathic doctor graduating with honors in research at the National College of Natural Medicine in 2011. He is full-time faculty in the School of Naturopathic Medicine at Maryland University of Integrative Health.
Mark is the past president and current secretary and on the board of directors of the Gastroenterology Association of Naturopathic Physicians. He is on the Editorial Board of the Natural Medicine Journal, July 2014-present. Mark is on the board of directors and is the current treasurer of the Fecal Transplant Foundation, August 2013-present. He is also on the annual conference speaker selection committee for the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians.
He treat adults and children with inflammatory bowel disease and occasionally other digestive conditions at the IBD Specialty Center in Silver Spring, Maryland. He is licensed in California, Maryland and Oregon and has clinical expertise in fecal microbiota transplantation and helminthic therapy.
Jo Panyko, BS, MNT. is a Master Nutrition Therapist, functional nutrition consultant, engineer, probiotics, microbiome and nutrition educator, consultant and speaker, professional member of the National Association of Nutrition Professionals, and a volunteer nutrition educator for low-income families.
Jo created the popular science-based website, powerofprobiotics.com to educate consumers and healthcare professionals about probiotics. She is also the author of several books and articles on probiotics including “Probiotics: How to Use Them to Your Advantage” and “Probiotics for Health”.
Dr Carrie Jones, ND, MPH (Bio) graduated from the National University of Natural Medicine in Portland, Oregon then went on to complete her residency in women’s health, endocrinology and hormones. Later she graduated from Grand Canyon University’s Master of Public Health program with a goal of doing more international work and health empowerment.
Dr Jones’ passion and expertise lie in the areas of hormonal, adrenal, and thyroid health. She recognises that imbalance can occur at any age and believes it is important to look at the big picture such as the appropriate use of lab testing. Dr Jones was a long time adjunct professor at National University of Natural Medicine teaching Advanced Endocrinology and Fertility, and regularly consults, lectures, and writes on the topic of hormones, adrenals more both nationally and internationally. Her goals are to provide ongoing cutting edge integrative clinical education to the large network of providers paving the way of healthcare with functional medicine.
Dr Tina Kaczor ND, FABNO is a naturopathic physician with board certification in naturopathic oncology. After graduating from National College of Naturopathic Medicine (NCNM) in 2000, she completed a 2-year clinical residency in integrative oncology at Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Tulsa, Oklahoma. She is well versed in conventional cancer care and this allows her to safely integrate natural therapies that complement the conventional treatments. Dr Kaczor’s ability to integrate conventional and natural therapies stems from her strong background and continuing education in the field of oncology and molecular biology.
She graduated magna cum laude from SUNY-Buffalo with dual undergraduate degrees in Biochemistry and English. While at SUNY, her hands on molecular biology work resulted in a publication in the journal Plant Physiology. Currently, her professional focus is understanding the molecular environment of cancerous growth with the aim of altering the environment in such a way that the cancer is unable to thrive.
Dr Kaczor was formerly adjunct faculty at National College of Natural Medicine, overseeing students on a dedicated oncology clinic shift at the NCNM Health Clinic in Portland, Oregon. She is senior medical editor of the peer-reviewed Natural Medicine Journal, the official publication of the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians.
Dr Heather Way holds a PhD in Molecular Pathology and is an expert in the field of Nutrigenomics for ASD. Nutrigenomics enables genetic predispositions to disease to be understood and managed via epigenetics and nutrition.
Dr Way is also a certified GAPs nutritionist, who specialises in helping people with gut issues, particularly people with ASD, ADHD, fussy eaters and multiple food intolerances. Heather is herself Asperger’s, and has two children on the spectrum. She has just been involved in a large nutrigenomic study on people on the autism spectrum.
Dr Way has a clinic in Brisbane, Australia, where she develops personalised nutrition programs tailored according to the results of DNA profiling for ASD clients all over the world.
Dr Liz Lipski is a Professor and the Director of the Academic Development for the Nutrition programs in Clinical Nutrition at Maryland University of Integrative Health. She holds a PhD in Clinical Nutrition two board certifications in clinical nutrition and one in functional medicine. She is on faculty for the Institute for Functional Medicine, the Metabolic Medicine Institute fellowship program. She currently sits on advisory boards for Ubiome, the Certified International Health Coaches, and the Autism Hope Alliance.
Dr Lipski has been published in peer reviewed journals including Nutrition in Clinical Practice and Integrative Medicine: A Clinician’s Journal, and is the author of several books: Digestive Wellness, The Digestion Connection, Digestive Wellness for Children, and Leaky Gut Syndrome. She co-authored the Gastrointestinal chapter for the American Board of Integrative Health and Medicine study guide and is a contributing author for Integrative Gastroenterology.
World Class presenters | Unbiased information | Clinical focus | Comprehensive discussion with deep drilling | Easy access to all notes, handouts, videos | Best and latest information | No travel costs | No carbon emissions | No time away from your clinic or your family
TAKE YOUR PRACTICE TO THE NEXT LEVEL
Research on natural medicine is increasing fast. You will get the very latest research and practical direction in assisting the large number of patients seeking natural health care. With every course, you receive the links to all papers referenced.
FOREVER ASK QUESTIONS
As a graduate of any of our Masterclass events you will receive an exclusive invitation to our locked and highly valuable Health Masters Live Alumni Group where we share ideas, case studies, ask questions of fellow graduates and all keep in touch.
We present high-level, unbiased, post-graduate education. We have no financial connection to any suppliers of supplements or other goods to natural healthcare providers. All presentations are the highest level, unbiased, and noncommercial.
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
You will receive a personalized certificate for each course you do with us. We are a global company and have our events preapproved by many associations around the world. A list of course approvals are on our calendar page under each course. Please check with your professional Board with regard to how many points/credits per hour of study are given with Health Masters Live classes. For further information on CEs please refer to our Continuing Education page.
THE ALL ACCESS PASS
Before you purchase ANY class you might want to consider the All Access Pass for best value. Master your postgraduate education and get on board today.