Because small intestinal bowel overgrowth is such a tricky presentation we have a course dedicated to giving you a thorough understanding of what to do and when for these people. Essentially, SIBO is not really a specific condition. It is set of circumstances where organisms not typically resident in the small intestine, usually migrants from the colon, begin to proliferate there and cause symptoms.
There are quite a few causes of SIBO and these need to be carefully investigated and resolved. And together with some specific SIBO treatment strategies you can get terrific results. Nirala Jacobi is a SIBO specialist and has been working and researching in this field for the last 10 years. This three-part Webinar Series brings you all of her experience and strategies for dealing with the various types of SIBO presentation.
*Receive 30% off any Gastrointestinal Course with the purchase of this class.
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- Clear protocol explanations
- Clinical pearls for practice results
- Access to audio and video recordings
- A PDF of the presenter’s slides
- Links to all referenced research papers and useful clinical handouts
- Your exclusive invitation to our alumni hub to ask questions
WEBINAR ONE – Pathophysiology, Clinical Presentation and Diagnosis
Explore the pathophysiology, signs and symptoms of SIBO as well as risk factors for the development of this complex condition. Understanding the different patterns, presentations and diagnosis of SIBO in the context of the hydrogen/methane breath test. The hydrogen sulfide SIBO, a relative newcomer in the field of SIBO will also be discussed.
- The clinical presentation of a SIBO patient
- Learn about the risk factors and underlying predisposing factors for the development of SIBO
- Accurately identify the different types of SIBO based on breath test result as well as your patient’s signs and symptoms
WEBINAR TWO – The Comprehensive Treatment of SIBO
All about the treatment approaches for the different types of SIBO we’ve learned about in Webinar 1. We explore the SIBO diet and how to effectively use the Bi-Phasic Diet as a tool to manage different stages of treatment. Also discussed are antimicrobial therapies (herbal, conventional and elemental diet) as well as other specific remedies Nirala has found useful in the treatment of SIBO. You will have access to the 3 different Bi-Phasic Diets created by Dr Jacobi.
- Understand the use of the SIBO diet and why it differs from simply a low FODMAP diet
- Learn about herbal antimicrobials as well as conventional antibiotics known to be effective in different types of SIBO
- Understand when to prescribe the Elemental Diet as an antimicrobial treatment
- Pre and probiotics, biofilm protocol, and specific nutrients and their role in SIBO treatment
WEBINAR THREE – Identifying Underlying Causes of SIBO to Prevent Relapse
A deep dive into the 4 underlying causes of SIBO:
- Motility disorders
- Digestive deficits
Understanding the underlying drivers of your patient’s causes of SIBO is your most powerful tool to prevent the frequent relapse of SIBO and avoid unnecessary medications and supplements. Also discussed are prokinetic medications that reset the motility of the upper gut. You will be able to download the clinical tool “What caused my SIBO” Questionnaire to use with your patients.
- Understand how to use the “What caused my SIBO” questionnaire
- Understand the 4 underlying causes of SIBO
- When to use and when NOT to use prokinetics in SIBO
- Long-term management to prevent relapse
Dr. Nirala Jacobi, BHSc, ND (USA) is a board-certified naturopathic physician. She graduated from Bastyr University in 1998 and practised as a primary care physician in Montana for 7 years before arriving in Australia. Nirala is considered one of Australia’s leading expert in the treatment of small intestine bacterial overgrowth (SIBO), a common cause of IBS.
She is so passionate about educating practitioners that she founded “The SIBO Doctor”, an online professional education platform for functional digestive disorders. Nirala lectures nationally and internationally about the assessment and treatment of SIBO and is the host of the popular podcast The SIBO Doctor podcast for practitioners.
She is the medical director and senior naturopathic physician at The Biome Clinic, center for functional digestive disorders in Mullumbimby, New South Wales. Nirala is also one of the co-founders of the Australian Naturopathic Summit, a biennial event that aims to promote and showcase the art and science of naturopathic medicine in Australia. She is a member of the Gastroenterology Association of Naturopathic Physicians (GastroANP) and the Naturopath and Herbalist Association of Australia.
NEXT LEVEL CLINICAL PRACTICE
Research on natural medicine is increasing fast. You will get the very latest research and practical direction in assisting the large number of patients seeking natural health care. With every course, you receive the links to all papers referenced.
FOREVER ASK QUESTIONS
As a graduate of any of our Masterclass events, you will receive an exclusive invitation to our locked and highly valuable alumni hub where we share ideas, case studies, ask questions of fellow graduates and all keep in touch.
We present high-level, unbiased, post-graduate education. We have no financial connection to any suppliers of supplements or other goods to natural healthcare providers. All presentations are high level, unbiased, and noncommercial.
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
You will receive a personalized certificate for each course you do with us. For further information on CEs please refer to our Continuing Education page.
THE ALL ACCESS PASS
Before you purchase ANY class you might want to consider the All Access Pass for best value. Master your postgraduate education and get on board today.
- World Class presenters
- Unbiased information
- Clinical focus
- Comprehensive topic coverage
- Easy access to all notes, handouts, videos
- Best and latest information
- No travel costs or carbon emissions
- No time away from your family