8 Module Online Series
A startling number of people are exhibiting symptoms and diseases that are actually caused by the medications that they are taking. This is a highly under-recognised effect and one that demands much more of our attention.
Christie Fleetwood is a Pharmacist and Naturopath on a mission to highlight what she calls the ‘Diseases of the Drugs’. Recognising these unnecessary causes of harm is a shortcut to rapid improvements for many of your patients and you will overcome a block that was not going to shift without the drug being identified as the causative agent.
This eight-part Masterclass examines the most common iatrogenic diseases that you have presenting to your clinic but which you may not be recognising as being due to the medications that they are taking. You will find out which drugs they are, how the symptoms arise and what you can do to remove the offending medications.
Some of these drugs can be immediately discontinued and others need special deprescribing care. Christie gives you very clear directions on what the risks of deprescribing are and how you can make safe and effective recommendations.
This is an element of care that has, until now, not received appropriate attention and hopefully, will become much more recognised and help a large number of people. Listen below to Christie explain what the ‘diseases of the drugs’ are and what she will cover in this course.
FROM THIS COURSE YOU WILL
- Find out what are the most common symptoms and diseases that are being caused by a drug our patient is taking
- Understand how each of these drugs is causing iatrogenic diseases
- Know how to recognise a drug-induced symptom/disease
- Learn why the drugs used for mental health must be approached differently to almost all other medications
- Know how to differentiate those drugs that can be removed quickly and those which must be deprescribed carefully
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- Clear protocol explanations
- Clinical pearls for improved practice results
- Access to audio and video recordings
- A PDF of the presenter’s slides
- Links to all referenced research papers and useful clinical handouts
- Your exclusive invitation to our alumni hub to ask questions
WEBINAR ONE: Hypertension
- The drugs that can cause it
- The drugs used to manage it
- How to reverse it
WEBINAR TWO: Obesity & Type 2 Diabetes
- The drugs that can cause either
- The drugs used to manage either
- How to reverse both
WEBINAR THREE: Dyslipidemia
- The drugs that can cause It
- The drugs used to manage it,
- How to reverse it
WEBINAR FOUR: Asthma, Allergies and Recurrent Respiratory Infections
- The drugs used to manage these can actually make the disease process worse
- How to reverse all
WEBINAR FIVE: Autoimmune Disorders
- The drugs that can cause them
- The drugs used to manage them
- How to reverse them
WEBINAR SIX: Mental Health Part 1
- The ethics of prescribing,
- The drugs and nutritional deficiencies that can cause them
- Black box warnings
- Other things you (likely) learned that are untrue concerning these agents
WEBINAR SEVEN: Mental Health Part 2
- The law of dual effect
- The counter-intuitive approach to reversing “mental health” issues
WEBINAR EIGHT: Paediatric Issues
- Recurrent infections
- The autism spectrum
- What’s a parent or doctor to do?
Christie Fleetwood ND RPh earned her Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy from the Medical College of Virginia/Virginia Commonwealth University, in 1988. After practising as a retail pharmacist in the greater Richmond area of Seattle for a decade, she attended Bastyr University, earning a Doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine in 2004.
Because of her unique education and training, she is considered “medically bilingual” and able to understand both conventional medicine as well as natural forms of healing. Dr Fleetwood is adjunct faculty at both Bastyr University and National University of Natural Medicine teaching pharmacy/pharmacology and naturopathic philosophy.
NEXT LEVEL CLINICAL PRACTICE
Research on natural medicine is increasing fast. You will get the very latest research and practical direction in assisting the large number of patients seeking natural health care. With every course, you receive the links to all papers referenced.
FOREVER ASK QUESTIONS
As a graduate of any of our events, you will receive an exclusive invitation to our highly valuable alumni hub where we share ideas, case studies, ask questions of fellow graduates and all keep in touch.
We present high-level, unbiased, post-graduate education. We have no financial connection to any suppliers of supplements or other goods to natural healthcare providers. All presentations are high level, unbiased, and noncommercial.
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
You will receive a personalized certificate for each course you do with us. For further information on CEs please refer to our Continuing Education page.
THE ALL ACCESS PASS
Before you purchase ANY class you might want to consider the All Access Pass for best value. Master your postgraduate education and get on board today.
- World Class presenters
- Unbiased information
- Clinical focus
- Comprehensive topic coverage
- Easy access to all notes, handouts, videos
- Best and latest information
- No travel costs or carbon emissions
- No time away from your family