The most toxic time of your day is right after eating. The effect of the bolus of food entering your digestive tract is quite complex and in some people, extremely immunologically challenging.
Postprandial Endotoxaemia (PPE) is the breaching of the intestinal barrier to bacterial components after meals. Also called Metabolic Endotoxaemia, it affects approximately 50% of the healthy Western population and can remain subclinical for decades. PPE is characterised by increased serum endotoxin concentration during the first five hours of the postprandial period. It results in a persistent inflammatory response that we know has wide-ranging detrimental effects.
Eating is quite an immunological challenge for the gut mucosa and in some people it is severe. Postprandial Endotoxaemia is so inflammatory that it is a major predicted of many conditions including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, obesity, hypogonadism, autoimmunity, and even mood disorders such as anxiety and depression. Listen to Kiran Krishnan explain Postprandial Endotoxaemia and what it predicts.
Kiran Krishnan has presented for Health Masters LIVE several times and impressed us each time. This topic is certainly no different and he will likely change the way you think about food diet and gut function. You cannot completely correct any chronic condition without addressing Postprandial Endotoxemia.
YOU WILL LEARN
- Learn why PPE is being called the number one cause of mortality worldwide
- Review the mechanisms of the immune challenge from food
- Learn how PPE arises subsequent to meal
- See why inflammation is at the heart of virtually every chronic disease
- Learn which dietary components contribute most to the inflammatory effects of eating
- Discover how to assess your patient’s level of endotoxaemia
- Learn which conditions we can directly associated with PPE and which conditions it strongly influences
- Know how to modify someone’s diet and microbiome to reduce PPE induced inflammation
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- Clinical pearls for improved practice results
- Access to audio and video recordings
- A PDF of the presenter’s slides
- Links to all referenced research papers and useful clinical handouts
- Your exclusive invitation to our alumni hub to ask questions
Kiran Krishnan is a Microbiologist who has been involved in the dietary supplement and nutrition market for the past 15 years. He comes from a strict research background having spent several years with hands-on R&D in the fields of molecular medicine and microbiology at the University of Iowa.
He left University research to take a position as the U.S. Business Development and Sales Manager for Amano Enzyme, USA. Amano is one of the world’s largest suppliers of therapeutic enzymes used in the dietary supplement and pharmaceutical industries in North America. At Amano, he conceptualized and successfully launched several dietary supplement ingredients in the North and South American markets.
In addition to his experience at Amano, Kiran has designed and conducted over 10 clinical trials as a partner in a Contract Research Organization called Live Smart, Inc. Over the past 10 years Kiran has focused his knowledge and experience to developing unique and effective nutritional products. As a microbiologist, he has a deep understanding of microbial science and has spent the last 6 years studying bacterial strains.
NEXT LEVEL CLINICAL PRACTICE
Research on natural medicine is increasing fast. You will get the very latest research and practical direction in assisting the large number of patients seeking natural health care. With every course, you receive the links to all papers referenced.
FOREVER ASK QUESTIONS
As a graduate of any of our Masterclass events, you will receive an exclusive invitation to our locked and highly valuable alumni hub where we share ideas, case studies, ask questions of fellow graduates and all keep in touch.
We present high-level, unbiased, post-graduate education. We have no financial connection to any suppliers of supplements or other goods to natural healthcare providers. All presentations are high level, unbiased, and noncommercial.
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
You will receive a personalized certificate for each course you do with us. For further information on CEs please refer to our Continuing Education page.
THE ALL ACCESS PASS
Before you purchase ANY class you might want to consider the All Access Pass for best value. Master your postgraduate education and get on board today.
- World Class presenters
- Unbiased information
- Clinical focus
- Comprehensive topic coverage
- Easy access to all notes, handouts, videos
- Best and latest information
- No travel costs or carbon emissions
- No time away from your family