What you do for your customers can change their lives. Improving someone’s health, vitality, fertility and any of the many other gifts that you provide is irreplaceably valuable to them. Often though, this comes at a cost to the clinician. Practitioner burnout is often an unfortunate reality of medical care.
Burnout is not obvious. We all feel challenged and fatigued at times, but is it burnout? When it is, the consequences can be substantial. A clinician experiencing burnout infrequently recognises it while their mood, energy, motivation and decision making falls markedly. With the alarming rates of practitioner burnout and the modern challenges you are facing, we all need to be more conscious of the causes and signs of burnout. And also, what to do if we have experienced it.
This valuable series of live webinars tackles the critical issue of burnout and gives you real skills to prevent burnout, be able to recognise when it is occurring and gives you the tools and techniques for recovery. Each of your three presenters are highly experienced practitioners and very passionate about helping you maintain a robust and resilient soul and practice. They will give you lots of practical, actionable advice on how to maintain a healthier practice and be a resilient clinician.
FROM THIS SERIES YOU WILL
- Discover what burnout actually is and how it arises
- Be able to recognise the first signs of burnout in your colleagues and yourself
- Learn what the main causes of burnout are
- Know how to track your wellbeing as part of your resiliency plan
- Receive techniques to improve your own resilience
- Achieve better client motivation and outcomes by being more resilient and motivated yourself
- Have more satisfaction and security in practice by being robust and mindful of the contributors and signs of burnout
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- Clear protocol explanations
- Clinical pearls for improved practice results
- Access to audio and video recordings
- A PDF of the presenter’s slides
- Links to all referenced research papers and useful clinical handouts
- Your exclusive invitation to our alumni hub to ask questions
WEBINAR ONE: Physician Resilience: Reconnect with Your Own Well-Being Now to Decrease Burnout
Presenter: Rebecca Williams
- Demystify what burnout is for today’s practitioner
- Discover the psychological aspects of personal resilience and well-being
- Review a resilience assessment to track your well-being
- Learn holistic skills to add to your personal resilience toolkit right now
- Clarify ways to diversify your practice to increase your resiliency for the long term
WEBINAR TWO: Motivate Behaviour Change and Improve Outcomes for a More Fulfilling Practice
Presenter: Julie Kraft
- Identify the connection between provider burnout and patient motivation
- Provide a new style of interaction with patients, increasing motivation and decreasing resistance to change
- Practice brief, powerful interactions designed to motivate change and improve outcomes
WEBINAR THREE: Triumph over Trauma: Learning to Thrive While Working with Stressed & Traumatised Patients
Presenter: Phylis Wakefield
- Models for understanding the impact of trauma
- Practical ‘tips & tools’ for assessing, coping, thriving & building resilience
- Encourage & inspire you to ‘Walk Your Talk’ – Be your healthiest self
Dr Rebecca Williams is a psychologist, an award-winning author, and a leader in the field of wellness, mental health, addiction recovery, and resilience.
Dr Williams has trained over 60 students and post-graduates preparing for demanding careers in hospital settings. She skillfully guides professionals towards activating their resilience and protecting themselves from daily stressors in today’s fast-paced medical and mental health environments.
As a licensed psychologist, Dr Williams has been a program director at the VA San Diego Healthcare System for over 20 years. She has also been an Associate Clinical Professor at the University of California, San Diego School of Medicine.
Dr Williams has been invited to present to medical and mental health audiences nationally and enjoys being a frequent guest on lively podcasts that focus on mindfulness, addiction recovery, and psychological well-being.
Dr Williams has co-authored two books on integrating meditation and mindfulness into recovery from addiction. The first book, The Mindfulness Workbook for Addiction: A Guide to Coping with the Grief, Stress, and Anger that Trigger Addictive Behaviors is popular with both counsellors and recovering clients. Her latest book, The Gift of Recovery: 52 Mindful Ways to Live Joyfully Beyond Addiction provides in-the-moment mindfulness skills to enhance recovery and to live a calmer, more balanced, life.
Julie Kraft MA, LMFT is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist with a Master’s Degree from the University of San Diego. Since completing her Master’s Degree, Julie has worked for the Department of Veteran’s Affairs, Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital, and the University of San Diego, where she taught Systemic Treatment of Substance Abuse to graduate students in the Marriage and Family Therapy master’s program.
Julie is the co-author of The Mindfulness Workbook for Addiction: A Guide to Coping with the Grief, Stress, and Anger that Trigger Addictive Behaviors and The Gift of Recovery: 52 Mindful Ways to Live Joyfully Beyond Addiction. Julie has presented at several addiction and mental health conferences and speaks on these subjects on both radio shows and podcasts. She currently treats clients in her private practice in Pleasanton, California.
Dr Phylis Wakefield is a psychologist in private practice in Sonoma, California and specialises in addiction and trauma. Prior to opening her private practice, Dr Wakefield was the Clinical Director of Psychiatry for Kaiser Permanente, a large Health Maintenance Orgnaisation. She studied at the University of California, Santa Barbara and completed a fellowship at Stanford University.
Dr Wakefield’s eclectic approach draws upon her training in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Sensorimotor, Internal Family Systems, Psychodynamic, and Mindfulness-based Psychotherapy. She is strongly influenced by Eastern philosophy and a core belief in each individual’s ability to transform themselves.
NEXT LEVEL CLINICAL PRACTICE
Research on natural medicine is increasing fast. You will get the very latest research and practical direction in assisting the large number of patients seeking natural health care. With every course, you receive the links to all papers referenced.
FOREVER ASK QUESTIONS
As a graduate of any of our Masterclass events, you will receive an exclusive invitation to our locked and highly valuable alumni hub where we share ideas, case studies, ask questions of fellow graduates and all keep in touch.
We present high-level, unbiased, post-graduate education. We have no financial connection to any suppliers of supplements or other goods to natural healthcare providers. All presentations are high level, unbiased, and noncommercial.
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
You will receive a personalized certificate for each course you do with us. For further information on CEs please refer to our Continuing Education page.
THE ALL ACCESS PASS
Before you purchase ANY class you might want to consider the All Access Pass for best value. Master your postgraduate education and get on board today.
- World Class presenters
- Unbiased information
- Clinical focus
- Comprehensive topic coverage
- Easy access to all notes, handouts, videos
- Best and latest information
- No travel costs or carbon emissions
- No time away from your family