THE NATURAL ANXIETY DISORDERS MASTERCLASS
8 Module Online Webinar Series
Amongst the epidemics that our patients are facing are a large and concerning stress and anxiety epidemic. Life with an anxiety disorder is tragic and affects a massive number of people. Many of them are quite young.
Fortunately, there are natural solutions for these people and the Natural Anxiety Disorders Masterclass has been designed for you to help them. We have two psychologists and three naturopaths, all with considerable passion and experience in this field.
Anxiety Disorders are the most common mental problems in our society consuming about one-third of the entire mental health budget. These conditions are complex and can be tricky to handle, but are highly treatable by natural means. You will get the strategies to help these people out of their despair.
There are many approaches we can take and these will all be covered in detail. Anxiety is highly influenced by diet, sleep, blood sugar, inflammation, hormones, fatigue, mental states, and exercise. For each patient, you need to identify those factors that are the most likely to be their core drivers and address these to achieve reliable improvements.
We also have a tremendous opportunity to prevent mental health conditions. Half of all mental health conditions emerge by the age of 14, and three-quarters by 24. We can change lives by catching these early.
You will learn the tools that psychologists use, homoeopathic remedies that are effective yet inexpensive, valuable goal setting techniques, the most useful herbals, the role that diet plays, and many other useful strategies to help the growing number of people suffering from anxiety disorders.
- Dr Catherine Pittman PhD. is the Chair of the Psychology Department at Saint Mary’s College in Notre Dame, Indiana, and is a practising clinical psychologist. She has been specialising in anxiety disorders for almost 30 years.
- Dr Peter Bongiorno PhD., ND. is a naturopath and is an adjunct faculty member at New York University and at the Natural Gourmet Institute for Food and Health. He is also Vice-President of the New York Association of Naturopathic Physicians and is publishing a new book on natural treatment of anxiety disorders shortly.
- Dr Pina LoGiudice ND., LAc. graduated from Bastyr University in 2003, then went on as a predoctoral fellow at the National Institutes of Health (NIH). In the clinical neuroendocrinology branch of the Institute of Mental Health at NIH, she researched the mechanisms of mind-body neurohormonal regulation.<
- Dr Chloe Carmichael is an expert clinical psychologist with a private practice in Manhattan, New York. She focuses on anxiety management, stress management, self-esteem, relationship issues, and coaching.
- Dr Ameet Aggarwal ND. is a Canadian licensed naturopathic doctor, psychotherapist and coach with many years experience treating anxiety, depression, relationships issues, stress, and trauma. He currently lives in Kenya where he uses homoeopathy extensively in his practice.
You can read more about your presenters below.
FROM THIS MASTERCLASS YOU WILL
- Understand why and how the medical drug classes used in the anxiety disorders
- Learn to recognise the many fundamental causes of anxiety
- Know how to recommend realistic goals for anxious people
- Learn what the latest in neuroscience has taught us about anxiety and its treatment options
- Understand the many influences that the endocrine hormones has on neural dysfunction
- Learn which homoeopathic medicines to add to your anxiety treatment plans
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- Clear explanations on how to achieve outstanding clinical results
- A PDF of all presentation slides
- Links to all referenced research papers and useful clinical handouts
- Access to the live presentations where you can ask questions
- 6 months access to the recordings
- Your exclusive invitation to the Health Masters Live Alumni Group
Each session is 90 minutes: 75 minutes presentation + 15 minutes Q&A
WEBINAR ONE: Pharmacological Treatments Of Anxiety, Panic and Phobias
Presenter: Dr. Peter Bongiorno PhD., ND.
- Drug classes
- Problems/side effects
WEBINAR TWO: Understanding Anxiety and Anxiety Treatment
Presenter: Dr. Catherine Pittman PhD.
- Neuroscience in the treatment of anxiety
- Enhancing the engagement of anxious or avoidant clients in treatment
- Clarifying the goals when treating anxiety
- Client goals needed to guide the process
- Natural interventions should be first line of treatment
WEBINAR THREE: Neuroscience-informed Treatment of Anxiety
Presenter: Dr. Catherine Pittman PhD.
- Using neuroscience in the treatment of anxiety
- The promise of neuroplasticity
- Identifying two neural pathways to anxiety
- From neurological understanding to client friendly explanations
- Neuroplasticity in the amygdala
- Neuroplasticity in the cortex
- Neuroplasticity and medications
WEBINAR FOUR: Addressing Causes
Presenter: Dr. Peter Bongiorno PhD., ND.
- Blood sugar and diet
WEBINAR FIVE: Hormonal Influences on Anxiety
Presenter: Dr. Pina LoGiudice ND., LAc.
WEBINAR SIX: Treatment Strategies for Anxiety and Phobias
Presenter: Dr. Peter Bongiorno PhD., ND.
- Dietary options
- Nutritional medicines
- Exercise programs
WEBINAR SEVEN: Psychological Tools for Anxiety
Presenter: Dr. Chloe Carmichael
- Problematic thoughts and behaviours
- Feelings and awareness
- Irrational and unrealistic fears
- Harness anxious energy
WEBINAR EIGHT: Homoeopathic Remedies for Anxiety
Presenter: Dr. Ameet Aggarwal ND.
- Remedies with anxiety indication
- Remedies for phobias and panic attacks
- Homoeopathic cases
Dr Catherine M. Pittman PhD., HSPP
Dr Pittman is the Chair of the Psychology Department at Saint Mary’s College in Notre Dame, Indiana, and is a practising clinical psychologist. As a professor at Saint Mary’s College in Notre Dame, Indiana, Dr Pittman teaches courses on Abnormal and Clinical Psychology and also supervises students working on their senior theses.
In addition, she has a private practice at Roseland Counseling in South Bend, Indiana.
She enjoys working with individuals with anxiety disorders because more is understood about the causes of anxiety in the brain than about other disorders. She also provides therapy to those coping with depression, bipolar disorder, brain injury, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
Dr Pittman began her studies of anxiety as she earned her PhD in clinical psychology at Northern Illinois University in 1989, and has been treating individuals with anxiety disorders since that time. She also completed over 10 years of postdoctoral work with the Brain Injury Treatment Program at Memorial Hospital in South Bend, Indiana. Dr Pittman recognized that, although the research on the neurological basis of anxiety has resulted in a great deal of knowledge about the causes of anxiety, this knowledge was not readily accessible to therapists or individuals coping with anxiety.
She has endeavoured to promote increased understanding of the causes of anxiety in the brain through her classes, presentations, articles, and books. Her most recent book, coauthored with Elizabeth Karle, is titled Rewiring the Anxious Brain.
Dr. Peter Bongiorno PhD., ND.
Dr Peter Bongiorno graduated from Bastyr University. He completed five years of training in naturopathic medicine and acupuncture and was honoured to be his class speaker. Before medical school, he researched as a pre-doctoral fellow at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland and at Yale University in New Haven Connecticut, and co-authored numerous medical journal articles in the field of neuroendocrinology. He completed his premedical studies and received a Bachelors degree in Biology and English Literature from Fairfield University.
Dr Bongiorno authored Healing Depression: Integrated Naturopathic and Conventional Treatments (CCNM Press, 2010), the first comprehensive textbook designed to teach physicians how to use the science and art of natural medicine to heal depression. His latest book for the public, How Come They’re Happy and I’m Not was released in November of 2012. He regularly writes articles for the Dr Oz and Sharecare websites and is an invited expert blogger at Psychology Today. Dr Bongiorno is also a major contributor to the 3rd and 4th editions of the Textbook of Natural Medicine.
Dr Bongiorno is Vice-President of the New York Association of Naturopathic Physicians and is active in gaining legislation to license naturopathic doctors in New York State. He is a member of the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians, Physicians for Social Responsibility and is a Diplomat in Acupuncture. Dr Bongiorno is licensed as an acupuncturist in the State of New York and is considered a naturopathic doctor in the State of Washington, where naturopathic doctors are licensed to practice medicine.
Dr Bongiorno helped create the first elective natural and integrative medicine class at the Mt. Sinai School of Medicine, and he regularly guest lectures to medical students about natural medicine and acupuncture. Dr Bongiorno is an adjunct faculty member at New York University and at the Natural Gourmet Institute for Food and Health. He has lectured at the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians conference, CAM Expo in New York City, and numerous other conferences to both physician and public audiences.
Dr Bongiorno has been regularly interviewed on national television as a natural medicine expert and local television, radio, and writes for national media (Psychology Today, MSN.com, Energy Times).
Dr. Pina LoGiudice ND., LAc.
Dr LoGiudice graduated from Bastyr University in 2003. She completed five years of training in naturopathic medicine and acupuncture. Hailed as a ‘world expert’ by Dr Mehmet Oz on the Dr Oz Show, Dr Pina LoGiudice is a well-recognized expert in the field of natural medicine.
Before naturopathic school, she received her Bachelor’s degree and completed her pre-medical studies at the University of Rochester in 1995. Dr LoGiudice then went on as a predoctoral fellow at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, Maryland. In the clinical neuroendocrinology branch of the Institute of Mental Health at NIH, she researched the mechanisms of mind-body neurohormonal regulation. After medical school, Dr LoGiudice completed a specialty internship in pediatric medicine and women’s health.
Pina is licensed as an acupuncturist in the State of New York and is considered a naturopathic doctor in the State of Washington, where naturopathic doctors are licensed to practice medicine.
Dr. LoGiudice is a co-author in the third edition of the Textbook of Natural Medicine and recently authored an original chapter on Pregnancy and Primary Prevention for the upcoming fourth edition of the Textbook, where she teaches other physicians how to prevent disease by modifying the prenatal environment through natural means.
Dr. Chloe Carmichael
Dr Chloe Carmichael is an expert clinical psychologist whose private practice focuses on anxiety management, stress management, self-esteem, relationship issues, and coaching. Dr Chloe received her B.A. in psychology from Columbia University and completed her doctorate in clinical psychology at Long Island University in Brooklyn, New York.
Previously, Dr Carmichael was the psychologist for the New York College of Pediatric Medicine, where she provided support to faculty and students in the form of individual counselling. She is currently an active member and co-chair of a committee for the New York Junior League, a charitable organization devoted to promoting volunteerism and improving the lives of children in New York. Her interests also include yoga and mindfulness-based stress reduction.
Dr Ameet Agarwal ND
Dr. Ameet Aggarwal ND is a naturopathic doctor and psychotherapist (Gestalt, Family Constellations, EMDR) with years of experience treating physical issues, anxiety, stress, depression, abuse, relationship issues and also working with UNICEF, UN Staff, and other large organizations.
He lectures around the world and has been voted top 5 speaker on 3 World summits. This has earned him the recognition of one of the top 43 naturopaths to follow. His book “Heal Your Body, Cure Your Mind” is considered to be one of the most comprehensive natural guides to anxiety and depression.
World Class presenters | Unbiased information | Clinical focus | Comprehensive discussion with deep drilling | Easy access to all notes, handouts, videos | Best and latest information | No travel costs | No carbon emissions | No time away from your clinic or your family
TAKE YOUR PRACTICE TO THE NEXT LEVEL
Research on natural medicine is increasing fast. You will get the very latest research and practical direction in assisting the large number of patients seeking natural health care. With every course, you receive the links to all papers referenced.
FOREVER ASK QUESTIONS
As a graduate of any of our Masterclass events you will receive an exclusive invitation to our locked and highly valuable Health Masters Live Alumni Group where we share ideas, case studies, ask questions of fellow graduates and all keep in touch.
We present high-level, unbiased, post-graduate education. We have no financial connection to any suppliers of supplements or other goods to natural healthcare providers. All presentations are the highest level, unbiased, and noncommercial.
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
You will receive a personalized certificate for each course you do with us. We are a global company and have our events pre-approved by many associations around the world. Please check with your professional Board with regard to how many points/credits per hour of study are given with Health Masters Live classes.
THE ALL ACCESS PASS
Before you purchase ANY class you might want to consider the All Access Pass for best value. Master your postgraduate education and get on board today.