Most of your patients are exposed to unhealthy levels of mould in their bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchens and living rooms. And most often, they have no idea that it’s there or that it’s making them sick. We spend 90% of our lives indoors and the air in here can be more toxic than the air outside, even in highly industrialised cities!
As a healthcare provider, we need to be constantly on the alert for mould toxicity as a contributor to our patient’s illness.
Mould toxicity is quite a clinical challenge. The range of symptoms is very broad so pinning a patient’s presentation down to mould requires a trained eye. It is almost certain that you are seeing people that are being affected by mould in their homes. In the past 20 years, we have seen the emergence of epidemics of allergies, depression, behavioural disorders and a huge number of people complain of fatigue, muddled thinking and flat mood; all potentially being contributed to by mould.
Two widely-recognised experts will teach you how to recognise the mould-toxic patient and also identify the water-damaged building. Dr Sandeep Gupta and Nicole Bijlsma are both highly impassioned clinicians with considerable expertise and experience in this area. Their bios are below and you can listen to each of them discuss their presentations below.
FROM THIS SERIES YOU WILL
- Know when to suspect mould toxicity in a client
- Learn how to screen for mould toxicity
- Learn how to diagnose mould toxicity
- Have a clear approach to recovering a client with mould toxicity
- Learn what happens to a water damaged house to create mould toxicity
- Know how to take a history that identifies a mould-toxic home
- Learn the processes to test and also to remediate a mould-toxic house
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- Clear protocol explanations
- Clinical pearls for improved practice results
- Access to audio and video recordings
- A PDF of the presenter’s slides
- Links to all referenced research papers and useful clinical handouts
- Your exclusive invitation to our alumni hub to ask questions
WEBINAR ONE: Mould-Toxic Patient 1 – Diagnosis
- When to suspect mould toxicity may be occurring in a client
- How to screen for mould toxicity
- How to diagnose mould toxicity
Presenter: Sandeep Gupta
WEBINAR TWO: Mould-Toxic Patient 2 – Treatment
- How to start off with a treatment protocol for CIRS
- Getting more in-depth with treating mould toxicity
- Considering remediation of the offending building or vehicle
Presenter: Sandeep Gupta
WEBINAR THREE: Identifying and Remedying and Water-Damaged Building
- How to take an environmental exposure history to identify mould in your patient’s homes
- What happens in a water-damaged building
- The process needed to properly test a water-damaged building
- Pros and cons of ERMI and sampling techniques
- Mould remediating the built structure
- What to do with mouldy contents
Presenter: Nicole Bijlsma
Dr Sandeep Gupta is a specialist general practitioner (RACGP) and has invested many years training in integrative medicine. He was awarded a Fellowship of the Australasian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine (ACNEM) in 2008 and a Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) in 2010. He also has physician training certification with Dr Ritchie Shoemaker in chronic inflammatory illness and a Masters of Nutrition with Dr Gabriel Cousens. Other major influences include William Wolcott CN, Robert Marshall PhD, and Dietrich Klinghardt MD PhD.
Dr Gupta has an advocacy role in integrative medicine, with a prior position on the ACNEM board, and a current position on the Australian Integrative Medicine Association (AIMA) advocacy committee. He is a founding board member for the Australian Chronic Infectious & Inflammatory Disease Society (ACIIDS) and a founding diplomate member for the International Society of Environmentally Acquired Illness (ISEAI).
Dr Gupta strives to walk his talk in his own life, keeps up to date with current developments in the field and genuinely aims to approach all clients with respect, service and empathy. He believes in listening and the validation of an individual’s journey are some of the most powerful gifts any practitioner can give.
Nicole Bijlsma ND is a naturopath, acupuncturist and building biologist who has been in clinical practice since 1989. She is the founder and CEO of the Australian College of Environmental Studies which was established in 1999 to educate people about the health hazards in the built environment. The college provides nationally accredited training in Building Biology and Feng Shui.
She has extensive experience lecturing at tertiary institutions for over twenty years, and has spoken at public forums including Stop Smart Meters Forum, Mindd Foundation, ACNEM, The Wellness Summit amongst many others and has conducted many radio interviews on environmental health. Nicole is on the education committee for the Australasian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine.
NEXT LEVEL CLINICAL PRACTICE
Research on natural medicine is increasing fast. You will get the very latest research and practical direction in assisting the large number of patients seeking natural health care. With every course, you receive the links to all papers referenced.
FOREVER ASK QUESTIONS
As a graduate of any of our Masterclass events, you will receive an exclusive invitation to our locked and highly valuable alumni hub where we share ideas, case studies, ask questions of fellow graduates and all keep in touch.
We present high-level, unbiased, post-graduate education. We have no financial connection to any suppliers of supplements or other goods to natural healthcare providers. All presentations are high level, unbiased, and noncommercial.
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
You will receive a personalized certificate for each course you do with us. For further information on CEs please refer to our Continuing Education page.
THE ALL ACCESS PASS
Before you purchase ANY class you might want to consider the All Access Pass for best value. Master your postgraduate education and get on board today.
- World Class presenters
- Unbiased information
- Clinical focus
- Comprehensive topic coverage
- Easy access to all notes, handouts, videos
- Best and latest information
- No travel costs or carbon emissions
- No time away from your family