THE MIND-BODY MEDICINE MASTERCLASS
8 Module Online Webinar Series
It is now very clear that our minds have tremendous influence on our health and wellbeing. The evidence of this influence is rapidly increasing and is even more significant than we have previously realised.
A mind-body approach is now fundamental to holistic care.
For many of your patients, their mental component is the largest cause of their health burden. For them to progress, they will have to resolve the psychological distress that has created their problems. Recognising the deep-seated issues and then resolving them requires skills and techniques that you will learn in this program.
The mind-body influence is particularly evident in obesity; fatigue; immune disorders especially immune deficiency, allergy and autoimmunity; tumours and cancer; fertility; depression and anxiety; chronic pain; and all gut disorders. It is reasonable to say every patient carries a mind-body component in their presentation.
Dr Paul Epstein is the foremost clinician in mind-body medicine. He is a naturopath with considerable training and experience in the many mind-body techniques he is bringing to this Masterclass. Paul has created a program that brings these skills together to create a systematic approach to mind-body medicine.
Mind-body medicine makes everything you do for your patients more effective. It integrates with every modality you currently use. When you address their emotional component, patients feel much better about the care you are giving them. Clinicians practicing Mind-Body techniques invariably find that their patients are much more motivated to get well and are highly compliant. Better patient experiences and results create a thriving practice.
This Masterclass is a comprehensive practical course delivering clinical solutions to the large number of people who will greatly benefit from a mind-body approach.
THIS MASTERCLASS IS PRESENTED BY
Dr Paul Epstein ND.
See his full bio below.
FROM THIS MASTERCLASS YOU WILL
- Clearly recognise the psychological influences affecting your patients
- Learn proven mind-body techniques that create incredible changes in your patients
- Unblock years of emotional resistance
- Achieve much more reliable results, with even the most stubborn cases
- Develop deep connection with your patients
- Have patients that are much more motivated and satisfied with their care
- Achieve better clinical outcomes
- Develop a reputation as a compassionate, caring clinician
- Build your business based on more satisfied patients
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- Engaging, practical presentations based on the latest research and many years of experience
- Practical tools and techniques that you can immediately apply in your practice
- Precise explanations of how to use the techniques to achieve outstanding clinical results
- Guided experiential practices that you can use with you’re your clients
- A PDF of all presentation slides
- Links to research papers and useful clinical handouts
- Resources to assist you to progress beyond the Masterclass
- Your exclusive invitation to the Health Masters Live Alumni Group
WEBINAR ONE – Becoming a Mindful Practitioner
- Importance of mindfulness to the healing process
- Contemplative medicine
- Interpersonal neurobiology
- Neuroplasticity & epigenetics
- Psycho-social genomics
WEBINAR TWO – How Biography Becomes Biology
- “Connecting the cell and the self”
- The power of the story
- “Physicians who listen”
- Narrative medicine
- Working with biography as a healing modality
WEBINAR THREE – Guided Imagery – Listening to Symptoms
- Opening to the meaning, message & opportunity within symptoms, pain & illness
WEBINAR FOUR – Guided Imagery – Listening to Inner Wisdom
- Tapping in to the powerful, healing wisdom inside each one of us
- Using this inner wisdom to guide and inform the healing professional
WEBINAR FIVE – Childhood Trauma and Adult Disease
- Deeper exploration of the biography/biology connection
- Understand the profound relationship between childhood trauma and health and disease
- How to address discoveries of past trauma in your treatment
- The importance of treading gently
- When to refer patients for psychological or psychiatric care
WEBINAR SIX – Healing Presence in the Therapeutic Relationship
- What is “Unconditional Presence?”
- How to ‘cultivate’ or ‘tap into’ this Presence?
- The role of empathy and compassion in healing
- Benefits of presence for patient, physician and the therapeutic relationship
- The profound importance of the therapeutic relationship
- Cultivating a therapeutic relationship that enhances treatment efficacy
- Creating a safe, nurturing, healing space within the therapeutic relationship
WEBINAR SEVEN – Therapeutic Models in Mind-Body Medicine
- Somatic psychotherapy models in treatment
- Internal family systems theory
- Understanding the process of recovery and its relevance in mind-body medicine
- ACOA as a model of recovery & treatment
WEBINAR EIGHT – Clinical Application & Integration
- Cultivating resilience
- You are never done learning and integrating new knowledge
- The constantly changing evolution of your approach to treatment
- Integration of biography/biology, imagery, presence & therapeutic models into clinical care
- Deciding which approaches are right for your cases
- Instruction on blending new tools into your current treatment approach
Dr. Paul Epstein ND is a naturopathic physician, mind body therapist, mindfulness meditation teacher, speaker, workshop leader and author. He graduated from the National College of Naturopathic Medicine in 1984, where he did a residency in holistic medicine, stress and lifestyle counseling and directed the clinical lifestyle change program “Healthstyles”.
He has successfully advocated the clinical application and integration of mind-body-spirit therapies in health care for 30 years exploring the mind-body connection, how biography becomes biology, narrative medicine, neuroplasticity, epigenetic, and the role of stress and childhood trauma in health and disease. He specializes in treating people with stress related disorders and mentoring health professionals to integrate mindfulness and mind-body therapies.
Paul was co-founder of the Israel Center for Mind-Body Medicine. He graduated from the Academy for Guided Imagery, completed the three-year training program for Community Dharma Meditation Teachers at the Spirit Rock Meditation Center, and has trained in the “Internal Family System model of psychotherapy.
Paul travels extensively and teaches mindfulness and mind-body therapy intensive training workshops and webinars, mentors health care professionals to integrate mindfulness and mind-body therapy. He maintains a private practice in Westport CT where he was the founder and guiding teacher of the Insight Meditation Community of Fairfield County. He is author of ‘Happiness Through Meditation.”
Studies have shown that practicing mindfulness, even for just a few weeks, can bring a variety of physical, psychological, and social benefits. Here are some of these benefits, which extend across many different settings.
- Mindfulness is good for our bodies. A seminal study found that, after just eight weeks of training, practicing mindfulness meditation boosts our immune system’s ability to fight off illness.
- Mindfulness is good for our minds. Several studies have found that mindfulness increases positive emotions while reducing negative emotions and stress. Indeed, at least one study suggests it may be as good as antidepressants in fighting depression and preventing relapse.
- Mindfulness changes our brains. Research has found that it increases density of gray matter in brain regions linked to learning, memory, emotion regulation, and empathy.
- Mindfulness helps us focus. Studies suggest that mindfulness helps us tune out distractions and improves our memory and attention skills.
- Mindfulness fosters compassion and altruism. Research suggests mindfulness training makes us more likely to help someone in need and increases activity in neural networks involved in understanding the suffering of others and regulating emotions. Evidence suggests it might boost self-compassion as well.
- Mindfulness enhances relationships. Research suggests mindfulness training makes couples more satisfied with their relationship, makes each partner feel more optimistic and relaxed, and makes them feel more accepting of and closer to one another.
- Mindfulness is good for parents and parents-to-be. Studies suggest it may reduce pregnancy-related anxiety, stress, and depression in expectant parents. Parents who practice mindfulness report being happier with their parenting skills and their relationship with their kids, and their kids were found to have better social skills.
- Mindfulness helps schools. There’s scientific evidence that teaching mindfulness in the classroom reduces behaviour problems and aggression among students, and improves their happiness levels and ability to pay attention. Teachers trained in mindfulness also show lower blood pressure, less negative emotion and symptoms of depression, and greater compassion and empathy.
- Mindfulness helps health care professionals cope with stress, connect with their patients, and improve their general quality of life. It also helps mental health professionals by reducing negative emotions and anxiety, and increasing their positive emotions and feelings of self-compassion.
- Mindfulness helps prisons. Evidence suggests mindfulness reduces anger, hostility, and mood disturbances among prisoners by increasing their awareness of their thoughts and emotions, helping with their rehabilitation and reintegration.
- Mindfulness helps veterans. Studies suggest it can reduce the symptoms of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) in the aftermath of war.
- Mindfulness fights obesity. Practicing “mindful eating” encourages healthier eating habits, helps people lose weight, and helps them savour the food they do eat.
Fiery Bueno V – Mindfulness Meditation Improves Mood, Quality of Life, and Attention in Adults with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
Black D – Mindfulness Meditation and Improvement in Sleep Quality and Daytime Impairment Among Older Adults With Sleep Disturbances
Lim D – Mindfulness and Compassion: An Examination of Mechanism and Scalability
Midi A – Effect of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction on Pain Severity and Mindful Awareness in Patients With Tension Headache
Van Der Hurk DGM – Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction for lung cancer patients and their partners
Rousseau CR – The impact of mindfulness-based interventions on symptom burden, positive psychological outcomes, and biomarkers in cancer patients
World Class presenters | Unbiased information | Clinical focus | Comprehensive discussion with deep drilling | Easy access to all notes, handouts, videos | Best and latest information | No travel costs | No carbon emissions | No time away from your clinic or your family
TAKE YOUR PRACTICE TO THE NEXT LEVEL
Research on natural medicine is increasing fast. You will get the very latest research and practical direction in assisting the large number of patients seeking natural health care. With every course you receive the links to all papers referenced.
FOREVER ASK QUESTIONS
As a graduate of any of our Masterclass events you will receive an exclusive invitation to our locked and highly valuable Health Masters Live Alumni Group where we share ideas, case studies, ask questions of fellow graduates and all keep in touch.
We present high-level, unbiased, post-graduate education. We have no financial connection to any suppliers of supplements or other goods to natural healthcare providers. All presentations are highest level, unbiased, and non-commercial.
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
You will receive a personalized certificate for each course you do with us. We are a global company and have our events preapproved by many associations around the world. Please check with your professional Board with regard to how many points/credits per hour of study are given with Health Masters Live classes.
THE ALL ACCESS PASS
Before you purchase ANY class you might want to consider the All Access Pass for best value. Master your postgraduate education and get on board today.