Naturopathic Hydrotherapy is one of our most useful tools to modify parasympathetic/ sympathetic neural balance and most of our autonomic functions. It is remarkably effective in a wide range of congestive, inflammatory, hormonal and neurological conditions. Dr Kate Broderick has prepared a three-part webinar series on this old naturopathic practice that is in some danger of being lost.
Dr Broderick uses hydrotherapy extensively and effectively in her practice for many acute and chronic diseases. Naturopathic Hydrotherapy utilises several means of applying hot and cold water to specific areas of the body. Temperature changes result in changes in neural function, elicits endocrine hormonal effects and alters blood flow to the extremities and the core so is very useful in many conditions. In this series, she will explain the physiology of hydrotherapy, how to appropriately use hydrotherapy in your clinic and importantly, which techniques to use in which conditions.
The hot and cold water applications may involve foot and hand baths, wrapping, saunas and steam baths and full or partial immersion baths. Naturopathic Hydrotherapy is a cheap, safe and very effective way to boost your clinical outcomes for many of the most common presentations patients are seeing you for. This course will give you many strategies that you can apply straight away in practically all of your patients. You can add it to your current treatments for little cost or adverse effects.
FROM THIS SERIES YOU WILL
- Learn how hot and cold applications affect the regulatory systems of the body
- Understand the different effects hot, cold, long and short temperatures exposures create
- Discover a free and natural means to modify many physiological processes
- Learn the physiological processes governing blood flow
- Know-how and when to recommend a wide variety of hot/cold/alternating hydrotherapy practices
- Receive comprehensive hydrotherapy suggestions and care plans for many of your patients
- Have in-house and at-home recommendations for your patients
- Know how to apply compresses, wraps, showers, and baths in various ways for a wide range of specific conditions
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- Clear protocol explanations
- Clinical pearls for improved practice results
- Access to audio and video recordings
- A PDF of the presenter’s slides
- Links to all referenced research papers and useful clinical handouts
- Your exclusive invitation to our alumni hub to ask questions
WEBINAR ONE: What Is Naturopathic Hydrotherapy and How Does It Impact Health?
- A short history and general definition of naturopathic hydrotherapy
- How water impacts homeostatic mechanisms and vitality: the autonomic nervous system and cardiovascular system
- Physiological mechanisms and principles of blood movement
- Factors influencing intensity of treatment
- General considerations and guidelines for administering treatments
WEBINAR TWO: A How-To Guide For Five Useful Hydrotherapy Applications
- Applications covered:
- Contrast showers and full-body baths
- Alternating foot and hand baths
- Short wrap
- Warming compresses
- Hyperthermia and neutral baths
- Kneipping and water treading
- Procedures, indications, contraindications and other considerations for prescription and administration
WEBINAR THREE: Incorporating Naturopathic Hydrotherapy Into a General Naturopathic Practice
- Treatments in-office vs prescription for at-home self-administration
- Decision making in treatment prescription: which application should you use and how intense should it be?
- Guidance from general naturopathic philosophy and clinical theory
- Importance of patient education
- Navigating patient outcomes: when does the approach need modifying?
- Getting started: the importance of personal experience before prescribing
Dr Kate Broderick, BSc, JD, DNM, Dip Acu, is a naturopath, five-element acupuncturist, natural health educator and writer. Her naturopathic practice in the Adelaide Hills, Anam Chara Natural Health, gravitates strongly to the traditions of individualised nature cure, herbal medicine, mind/body therapies and naturopathic hydrotherapy. She received her Bachelor of Science from Texas A&M University, Doctorate of Naturopathic Medicine from Bastyr University, and Diploma of Acupuncture from the Wu Hsing Tao School.
Kate has worked in various roles in naturopathic academia since 2009, including as Director of Education at Endeavour College of Natural Health from 2014-2016. She is a member of the Naturopaths and Herbalists Association of Australia and has been registered as an acupuncturist (currently non-practicing) by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
She is co-author of the chapter on Naturopathic Hydrotherapy in the latest edition of the Textbook of Natural Medicine, author of the chapter on Naturopathic Philosophy in the 2nd edition of Clinical Naturopathic Medicine, and author of the chapter on Naturopathic Hydrotherapy in the recently released Advanced Clinical Naturopathic Medicine.
Kate’s current projects include development of a comprehensive online wellness program to assist people worldwide in cultivating a higher level of empowered health and resilience of body, mind and spirit. She is also actively working with those around her to create cohesive and cooperative community, evolving human systems with a goal of making life more liveable, peaceful, healthy and secure for everyone.
NEXT LEVEL CLINICAL PRACTICE
Research on natural medicine is increasing fast. You will get the very latest research and practical direction in assisting the large number of patients seeking natural health care. With every course, you receive the links to all papers referenced.
FOREVER ASK QUESTIONS
As a graduate of any of our Masterclass events, you will receive an exclusive invitation to our locked and highly valuable alumni hub where we share ideas, case studies, ask questions of fellow graduates and all keep in touch.
We present high-level, unbiased, post-graduate education. We have no financial connection to any suppliers of supplements or other goods to natural healthcare providers. All presentations are high level, unbiased, and noncommercial.
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
You will receive a personalized certificate for each course you do with us. For further information on CEs please refer to our Continuing Education page.
THE ALL ACCESS PASS
Before you purchase ANY class you might want to consider the All Access Pass for best value. Master your postgraduate education and get on board today.
- World Class presenters
- Unbiased information
- Clinical focus
- Comprehensive topic coverage
- Easy access to all notes, handouts, videos
- Best and latest information
- No travel costs or carbon emissions
- No time away from your family