If your patient is not sleeping well there’s an immediate limit on how well they can get. Our patient’s health immediately falters with poor sleep even though they may not be aware of it. How do you help your clients recognise poor sleep hygiene? How do you know if they are sleeping well and how can you help them if they’re not? Dr Greg Potter has a PhD in sleep science and has prepared a presentation on why we need to address and how to address our patient’s sleep.
The discussion will first explore what good sleep health really is, viewing sleep problems through a transdiagnostic sleep and circadian biology lense. The focus will then move to some of the causes and consequences of insomnia before covering the fundamental sleep health behaviours that we should all be doing, regardless of our sleep issues. Finally, Greg will highlight the cornerstones of using cognitive behavioural therapy for insomnia and turn to promising, novel ways of mitigating insomnia, such as intensive sleep retraining, lucid dreaming, and effective wearable devices.
YOU WILL LEARN
- What healthy sleep really is
- The causes and consequences of insomnia
- What are the prerequisites for healthy sleep
- Behavioural therapies for insomnia
- Cognitive therapies for insomnia
- Supplementation for sleep
- Intensive sleep retraining
- Lucid dreaming training as a promising treatment for insomnia
- Wearables that might actually help improve sleep
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- Clinical pearls for improved practice results
- Access to audio and video recordings
- A PDF of the presenter’s slides
- Links to all referenced research papers and useful clinical handouts
- Your exclusive invitation to our alumni hub to ask questions
Greg Potter PhD has a Master of Science from Loughborough University and gained his PhD on sleep, circadian rhythms, nutrition, and metabolism in 2018 from University of Leeds. Greg helps a range of individuals improve their health and performance, from elite athletes to CEOs.
Highlights of Greg’s career so far include coaching a sprinter to four gold medals in his category at the European Championships; having his research featured in dozens of international news outlets, including the BBC, Reuters, and The Washington Post; working with the US Naval Special Warfare Command; and helping to prepare two men to break the Atlantic rowing World Record; and being the sleep expert in an upcoming Channel 4 documentary on sleep and weight loss.
NEXT LEVEL CLINICAL PRACTICE
Research on natural medicine is increasing fast. You will get the very latest research and practical direction in assisting the large number of patients seeking natural health care. With every course, you receive the links to all papers referenced.
FOREVER ASK QUESTIONS
As a graduate of any of our Masterclass events, you will receive an exclusive invitation to our locked and highly valuable alumni hub where we share ideas, case studies, ask questions of fellow graduates and all keep in touch.
We present high-level, unbiased, post-graduate education. We have no financial connection to any suppliers of supplements or other goods to natural healthcare providers. All presentations are high level, unbiased, and noncommercial.
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
You will receive a personalized certificate for each course you do with us. For further information on CEs please refer to our Continuing Education page.
THE ALL ACCESS PASS
Before you purchase ANY class you might want to consider the All Access Pass for best value. Master your postgraduate education and get on board today.
- World Class presenters
- Unbiased information
- Clinical focus
- Comprehensive topic coverage
- Easy access to all notes, handouts, videos
- Best and latest information
- No travel costs or carbon emissions
- No time away from your family