Grief is a deep and troubling emotion usually arising from a significant loss. These can be bereavement of someone close, retirement and unemployment, damage or theft, as a refugee, children or sibling leaving home and many other circumstances where living and social arrangements change suddenly.
As part of our rapport and patient relationship, being skilled and competent with grief is essential. There are cardinal grief signs that we can be on the lookout for. When we recognise grief in a client there are several defined strategies that we can use to empathise and connect with our patient and thereby support them.
The experience of grief can have significant effects on your patient’s mental and physical health. We know that stress and anxiety have deep neurological impacts that affect all body systems. Grief is an emotion that similarly impacts patient wellbeing and recovery.
Aoife Earls ND has created a Grief Series for Health Masters Live that will give you a very good understanding of the grief process and importantly, how to be there for your clients. Aoife is a Naturopathic Doctor with undergraduate training in Psychology and a Masters of Science in Behavioural Neuroscience.
FROM THIS SERIES YOU WILL
- Know when to suspect your client may be grieving or have recently experienced the grieving process
- Learn the cardinal signs of grief
- Learn the physiological effects grief may be having on your patients
- Develop much closer bonds with those of your patients who are or have experienced grief
- Know how to support your patient through the grieving process
- Guide your patients to fuller health through effectively resolved grief
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- Clear protocol explanations
- Clinical pearls for improved practice results
- Access to audio and video recordings
- A PDF of the presenter’s slides
- Links to all referenced research papers and useful clinical handouts
- Your exclusive invitation to our alumni hub to ask questions
WEBINAR ONE: The Self and The Body
- What is Grief? Different Types of Grief.
- How will grief affect the body in sickness behaviour (and explanation)?
- Strategies for supporting physical and emotional grieving for the average health professional.
WEBINAR TWO: Emotional Resilience
- What does a new story look like in grief?
- What is resilience?
- What are resilient behaviours? How does this impact the physical body with what we know about sickness behaviour?
- Tools for resilience in creating integrative strategies for resilience in grief.
Dr Aoife Earls ND is a licensed naturopathic doctor practicing in Oakville, Ontario, licensed with College of Naturopaths of Ontario. Her undergraduate training is in psychology and biology and her graduate studies is a Masters of Science in Behavioural Neuroscience exploring the brain, immune system, and hormones in experimental models of lupus in a discipline known as Psychoneuroimmunology.
In furthering her understanding and support of the mind-body connection, Dr. Earls has had training in mindfulness and has a special interest in grief, depression, and anxiety. She writes for Naturopathic Currents, an online site for naturopathic doctors and is passionate about spreading the message that mind-body medicine is health-forward and the way we can support our society grow in healthful ways.
NEXT LEVEL CLINICAL PRACTICE
Research on natural medicine is increasing fast. You will get the very latest research and practical direction in assisting the large number of patients seeking natural health care. With every course, you receive the links to all papers referenced.
FOREVER ASK QUESTIONS
As a graduate of any of our Masterclass events, you will receive an exclusive invitation to our locked and highly valuable alumni hub where we share ideas, case studies, ask questions of fellow graduates and all keep in touch.
We present high-level, unbiased, post-graduate education. We have no financial connection to any suppliers of supplements or other goods to natural healthcare providers. All presentations are high level, unbiased, and noncommercial.
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
You will receive a personalized certificate for each course you do with us. For further information on CEs please refer to our Continuing Education page.
THE ALL ACCESS PASS
Before you purchase ANY class you might want to consider the All Access Pass for best value. Master your postgraduate education and get on board today.
- World Class presenters
- Unbiased information
- Clinical focus
- Comprehensive topic coverage
- Easy access to all notes, handouts, videos
- Best and latest information
- No travel costs or carbon emissions
- No time away from your family