3 Module Online Short Course
Mental Health disorders are complex, varied and frequently misdiagnosed. Many of the signs and symptoms that we attribute to depression and anxiety can also be due to other causes. By identifying an underlying nutritional deficiency or inflammatory response in someone we can sometimes unravel a complex array of symptoms that were thought to be a mental health disorder but are clearly not.
Kristen Allott has been taking this approach with her patients for a decade. She has had some amazing improvements in her patients with some simple adjustment to their diet or often just by repairing fundamental nutritional deficiencies.
The fatigue and mood changes of anaemia are frequently found in patients with depression. And the inflammatory response has deep neurological effects and needs to be considered and assessed more often. Kristen will show us how to conduct a physical examination to rule out physical trauma as potential causes that may be contributing to their symptoms.
Register to learn a holistic approach for the care of this rapidly increasing and often dangerous diagnosis. Learn more about Kristen Allott and this three-part webinar series below.
FROM THIS SERIES YOU WILL
- Learn which factors can mimic the symptoms of several mental health conditions
- Discover what to test for to uncover hidden contributors
- See how simple changes can make substantial differences to mood, attention and calmness
- Which parameters in a CBC are relevant to consider in mental health disorders
- Review iron metabolism and how anaemia affects mood and energy
- Review treatment suggestions for all of the discussed defects
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- Clear protocol explanations
- Clinical pearls for improved practice results
- Access to audio and video recordings
- A PDF of the presenter’s slides
- Links to all referenced research papers and useful clinical handouts
- Your exclusive invitation to our alumni hub to ask questions
WEBINAR ONE: Overview of Labs
- When should you consider a laboratory workup?
- What questions to ask and which exams to do?
- Who to refer to for further diagnostic workup and treatment
- What resources to provide patients without insurance or with little funds
- How to ask for a through diagnostic assessment before the diagnosis of a mental health condition
- Symptoms that might contribute to depression and anxiety that should be worked up as a physiologic condition
- Common medical conditions that cause or mimic anxiety or depression to screen for
WEBINAR TWO: Ferritin
- Why go beyond CBC for a screening lab and use ferritin?
- Review iron transportation in the blood
- Review symptoms of iron deficiency and excess
- Review treatment possibilities for iron deficiency and excess
WEBINAR THREE: C-Reactive Protein
- Learn why to investigate it for inflammation in mental health conditions
- Review CRP synthesis in the blood
- Review treatment options for elevated CPR
- CRP to direct medication
Dr. Kristen Allott, ND, MS, L.Ac. is a naturopathic physician, national speaker, and pioneering advocate for the use of whole foods nutrition in the treatment of mental health disorders and addictions. Dr Allott is passionate about achievable results.
As a graduate of Bastyr University in both Doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine and Masters in Acupuncture, she seeks to find the physiological and nutritional causes for the symptoms of mental health and addictions that are limiting her patient’s lives. In her clinical practice, she has refined her expertise on how to promote increased mental functioning by providing achievable treatments for fatigue, depression, anxiety, bipolar, ADHD, PTSD, traumatic brain injuries, addictions, and sugar cravings.
As Wellness Director of A Positive Alternative, an outpatient addictions treatment center in Seattle Washington, she focused on educating patients to do small experiments to improve energy and mental clarity and recognizing when their responsive brain is in control versus their reactive brain.
Known for her engaging speaking style and useful handouts, Dr Allott regularly presents to mental health providers and psychiatric nurse practitioner seminars on non-pharmaceutical interventions for mental health. Additionally, she consults with the Court Improvement Training Academy of State of Washington Courts to help optimize the brains for the high-stakes decision-making environment for Juvenile and Family Court System in the State of Washington. She has also been a plenary speaker for the Superior Courts Judges Conference on improving energy and mental clarity for decision making.
Dr Allott is passionate about educating individuals and communities about improving mental and physical health. As such, she has an active blog, newsletter, and free online connectors group. She is a co-author on two studies of how lifestyle and nutrition impact inflammatory pathways and is about to publish her first book.
NEXT LEVEL CLINICAL PRACTICE
Research on natural medicine is increasing fast. You will get the very latest research and practical direction in assisting the large number of patients seeking natural health care. With every course, you receive the links to all papers referenced.
FOREVER ASK QUESTIONS
As a graduate of any of our Masterclass events, you will receive an exclusive invitation to our locked and highly valuable alumni hub where we share ideas, case studies, ask questions of fellow graduates and all keep in touch.
We present high-level, unbiased, post-graduate education. We have no financial connection to any suppliers of supplements or other goods to natural healthcare providers. All presentations are high level, unbiased, and noncommercial.
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
You will receive a personalized certificate for each course you do with us. For further information on CEs please refer to our Continuing Education page.
THE ALL ACCESS PASS
Before you purchase ANY class you might want to consider the All Access Pass for best value. Master your postgraduate education and get on board today.
- World Class presenters
- Unbiased information
- Clinical focus
- Comprehensive topic coverage
- Easy access to all notes, handouts, videos
- Best and latest information
- No travel costs or carbon emissions
- No time away from your family