More than most conditions we see, cancer is highly influenced by diet. Because of this, there are many dietary strategies that have been recommended for cancer. In this webinar, Dr Nalini Chilkov will give us a clear picture of how cancer physiology is influenced by the food we eat so that we can help our patients make sense of the many therapeutic dietary options they have.
The tumour microenvironment is quite different from healthy tissue and it is critical that we understand this difference in order to prescribe effective dietary cancer strategies. We are best to only recommend therapeutic diets when we specifically understand what they are looking to achieve.
Food and diets are a very large part of the health picture of our patients and this class is part of the Health Masters LIVE effort to expand our understanding of the impact of what our patients are eating. If natural or medical treatments could do what therapeutic diets can do to prevent and assist cancer care, we would be overjoyed. It’s time to dig deep on these highly therapeutic strategies and Nalini has prepared a comprehensive discussion for us on this critical topic including:
- Statistics and cancer incidence
- The tumour microenvironment
- Integrative model of cancer support
- Unique nutrient needs of cancer patients and survivors
- Epigenetic impact of food on gene expression
- Signalling in the tumour microenvironment
- The Warburg effect
- Effects of
- The microbiome
- Obesity and glycemic control
- Selected therapeutics diets that influence cancer metabolism
- OutSmart cancer diet
- Vegan and vegetarian
- CHO Restriction
- Intermittent fasting
- Fasting-mimicking diets
- Calorie restriction
- The effects of diet components
- O3 Fatty acids
- Macro and micronutrients
- Functional foods
- Unique nutrient and caloric needs
- Digestive function Impairment
- Microbiome disruption
- Body composition: Sarcopenia and cachexia
- Soy controversy
- Phyto-oestrogens and breast cancer
FROM THIS CLASS YOU WILL
- Learn how the tumour microenvironment functions
- Understand the relationship between food, epigenetic signalling and the tumour microenvironment
- Understand the impact that phytochemicals in food have on oncogenes and tumour suppressor genes
- Be able to apply guidelines for selecting therapeutic diets for individual cancer patients
- Be able to implement strategies for calorie and nutrient repletion in cancer patients
- Be able to skillfully apply therapeutic diets for special-needs cancer patients and survivors
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- Clear protocol explanations
- Clinical pearls for improved practice results
- Access to audio and video recordings
- A PDF of the presenter’s slides
- Links to all referenced research papers and useful clinical handouts
- Your exclusive invitation to our alumni hub to ask questions
TIME AND DATE
Dr Nalini Chilkov is a leading authority and pioneer in the field of Integrative Cancer Care, cancer prevention, and immune enhancement. She is the Founder of the American Institute of Integrative Oncology Research & Education and IntegrativeCancerAnswers.com. She authored the bestselling book, 32 Ways to OutSmart Cancer: Create a Body Where Cancer Cannot Thrive and serves on the Scientific Advisory Boards of Mederi Foundation and Fran Drescher’s Cancer Schmancer Foundation.
Dr Chilkov has lectured at the School of Medicine at UCLA and UC Irvine and conducts seminars and training programs for clinicians worldwide. She is a popular contributor to the Healthy Living section of the Huffington Post, has been featured as a cancer expert on NBC TV, and is recognized as one of the Top 10 Online Influencers for Breast Cancer by WebMD and Dr Mehmet Oz’s ShareCare.com.
Dr Chilkov’s OutSmart Cancer Programs are recognized as the most comprehensive, sciencebased,
safe and natural programs for supporting cancer patients, survivors, and those who do not want to get cancer to Get Well, Stay Well and Live Well.
With more than 30 years of clinical experience combining the best of modern functional medicine with the ancient wisdom of traditional Oriental and natural healing, Dr Chilkov is a seasoned clinician and an innovator, building bridges between modern and traditional healing paradigms and partnering with physicians to achieve the best outcomes for patients. Her private practice is located in Santa Monica (Los Angeles), California.
NEXT LEVEL CLINICAL PRACTICE
Research on natural medicine is increasing fast. You will get the very latest research and practical direction in assisting the large number of patients seeking natural health care. With every course, you receive the links to all papers referenced.
FOREVER ASK QUESTIONS
As a graduate of any of our Masterclass events, you will receive an exclusive invitation to our locked and highly valuable alumni hub where we share ideas, case studies, ask questions of fellow graduates and all keep in touch.
We present high-level, unbiased, post-graduate education. We have no financial connection to any suppliers of supplements or other goods to natural healthcare providers. All presentations are high level, unbiased, and noncommercial.
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
You will receive a personalized certificate for each course you do with us. For further information on CEs please refer to our Continuing Education page.
THE ALL ACCESS PASS
Before you purchase ANY class you might want to consider the All Access Pass for best value. Master your postgraduate education and get on board today.
- World Class presenters
- Unbiased information
- Clinical focus
- Comprehensive topic coverage
- Easy access to all notes, handouts, videos
- Best and latest information
- No travel costs or carbon emissions
- No time away from your family