Fibromyalgia, Fatigue and Global Pain Syndromes
2 Part Online Webinar Short Course
In this two-part course, Dr David Brady is revealing the latest on these frequently difficult presentations. David has over 25-years experience as an integrative practitioner and has dedicated a large part of his professional career to helping people recover from these challenging disorders. He is a licensed naturopathic medical physician in Connecticut and Vermont, and is a prolific author of medical papers and research articles on fibromyalgia.
Rather than be viewed as a grandiose syndrome into which all patients with unexplained widespread chronic pain and fatigue are lumped, fibromyalgia-like symptoms require a comprehensive work-up to properly determine the underlying foundational elements.
Dr Brady will emphasize the concept that “classic” fibromyalgia must be clinically differentiated from the various subsets of organic, functional, and musculoskeletal problems. He will outline four clinical subsets, which often lead to a true or erroneous diagnosis of fibromyalgia. These four subsets are;
- “Classic” fibromyalgia
- Medical diseases which mimic fibromyalgia
- Functional/metabolic disorders which mimic fibromyalgia
- Musculoskeletal disorders which mimic fibromyalgia.
Dr Brady will discuss a comprehensive and integrated approach to treatment of fibromyalgia and chronic pain syndromes and their subsets.
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- Detailed explanations of diagnostic tests and assessments.
- Clear instructions on treatment strategies for each subset of presentations.
- Engaging and highly clinically relevant presentations.
- A PDF of all of Dr Brady’s presentation slides.
- Links to all the referenced research papers and useful clinical handouts.
- Access to the video recordings of all presentations within 12 hr of the live event.
Each session is 90 minutes: 75 minutes presentation + 15 minutes Q&A
- Analyse the concept of central pain processing and consequences of dysfunction of descending inhibition.
- Assess the difference between regionalised somatic pain and true central allodynia.
- Diagnose patients presenting with suspicion of fibromyalgia.
- Develop a diagnostic and treatment approach to patients presenting with fibromyalgia.
- Evaluate the process of differential diagnosis required in patients with suspicion of fibromyalgia.
- Identify the common subsets of clinical disorders that can lead to an erroneous diagnosis of fibromyalgia.
- Review the scientific and “false” diagnostic and therapeutic approaches for these disorders.
Dr David Brady ND, DC, CCN, DACBN
Dr David Brady has over 25-years of experience as an integrative practitioner and academic. He is a licensed naturopathic medical physician in Connecticut and Vermont, and is a board certified clinical nutritionist. He is a dedicated champion and advocate for patients suffering with a fibromyalgia diagnosis.
Dr Brady is a prolific author of medical papers and research articles on fibromyalgia and has dedicated a large part of his professional career to helping people recover from this mysterious disorder. He currently serves as the Vice Provost for the Division of Health Sciences, Director of the Human Nutrition Institute, and Associate Professor of Clinical Sciences at the University of Bridgeport in Connecticut.
He maintains a private practice, Whole Body Medicine, in Fairfield, CT and is also the Chief Medical Officer for Designs for Health, Inc. and Diagnostic Solutions Labs, LLC. He is an internationally sought-after presenter on nutritional, functional and integrative medicine and has appeared on the speaking panel of the largest and most prestigious conferences in the field.
World Class presenters | Unbiased information | Clinical focus | Comprehensive discussion with deep drilling | Easy access to all notes, handouts, videos | Best and latest information | No travel costs | No carbon emissions | No time away from your clinic or your family
TAKE YOUR PRACTICE TO THE NEXT LEVEL
Research on natural medicine is increasing fast. You will get the very latest research and practical direction in assisting the large number of patients seeking natural health care. With every course you receive the links to all papers referenced.
FOREVER ASK QUESTIONS
As a graduate of any of our Masterclass events you will receive an exclusive invitation to our locked and highly valuable Health Masters Live Alumni Group where we share ideas, case studies, ask questions of fellow graduates and all keep in touch.
We present high-level, unbiased, post-graduate education. We have no financial connection to any suppliers of supplements or other goods to natural healthcare providers. All presentations are highest level, unbiased, and non-commercial.
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
You will receive a personalized certificate for each course you do with us. We are a global company and have our events preapproved by many associations around the world. Please check with your professional Board with regard to how many points/credits per hour of study are given with Health Masters Live classes.
THE ALL ACCESS PASS
Before you purchase ANY class you might want to consider the All Access Pass for best value. Master your postgraduate education and get on board today.