THE ENDOCRINE DISRUPTING CHEMICALS SHORT COURSE
2 Module Online Short Course
Dr Joseph Pizzorno has recently said “Toxicity is the primary driver of disease” and “Toxicity is the new normal”.
Jo has been conducting some very large research projects and uses a mathematical analysis of the data to find associations. He has come up with some very good data on disease causation.
Some of his findings indicate that:
- 50% of diabetes is due to phthalates, arsenic and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons
- Almost 45% of Alzheimer’s is due to DDT
- Arsenic is responsible for 31% of prostate cancer
- Over 40% of gout in women is arsenic related
- PCBs have a high association with heart attacks
As our increasingly toxic world creates problems with our metabolism, we need to keep up. Our patient pictures are becoming more complex and their conditions are becoming more difficult to unravel. This course will help us make more sense of what we’re seeing, and what to do about it.
Jo Pizzorno and Wendy Ellis have prepared a short course of two webinars on the major chemicals causing metabolic problems. The show us how to recognise the sources, prevent exposure and how to remove them.
Dr Joseph Pizzorno ND is the founding President of Bastyr University. A naturopathic physician, educator, researcher and expert spokesman, he is Editor-in-Chief of Integrative Medicine: A Clinicians Journal. He was appointed by President Clinton in December 2000 to the White House Commission on Complementary and Alternative Medicine Policy and by President Bush’s administration in 2002 to the Medicare Coverage Advisory Committee.
Dr Wendy Ellis ND is a naturopathic physician with a specialty in endocrine dysfunction, gastrointestinal issues and autoimmune disease. She was the clinic director of Tahoma Clinic Seattle, and maintained her practice in the Seattle area for 12 years.
You can read more about your presenters below.
YOU WILL LEARN
- Which toxic chemicals we need to be most alert for
- How these chemicals damage metabolism and what the consequences of exposure are
- What are the most common sources of endocrine disruptors
- Which chemicals are contributing to the obesity epidemic
- How chemicals disrupt fat metabolism
- The many influences that toxins have on our endocrine function
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- Clear presentations explaining exactly how to use essential oil containing plants in clinical practice
- A PDF of all presentation slides
- Links to all referenced research papers and useful clinical handouts
- Access to the live presentations where you can ask questions
- Access to the recordings
Each session is 90 minutes: 75 minutes presentation + 15 minutes Q&A
WEBINAR ONE: Obesogens, Insulin Resistance and Obesity
Presenter: Wendy Ellis
- Basics of insulin resistance including insulin resistance as an early marker of metabolic and cardiovascular disease
- Effects of obesogens on insulin resistance
- Genetics and bio-markers associated with insulin resistance
- Adipose tissue associated with IR and the inflammatory mediators produced
- Secondary health effects of the associated inflammation
- Approach to treatment
WEBINAR TWO: Primary Drivers of Disease
Presenter: Jo Pizzorno
- Toxins have become the primary drivers of chronic disease
- Water, air, food, health and beauty aids, yard and house chemical – all add up to a serious body burden to toxins which disrupt physiology
- The worst toxins are arsenic, DDT, organochlorine pesticides and organophosphate pesticides
- The entire population is affected
- There is huge variation in each person’s ability to detoxify the toxins
Dr. Joseph Pizzorno, ND is a world-leading authority on science-based natural medicine, a term he coined when founding Bastyr University in 1978. A naturopathic physician, educator, researcher and expert spokesman, he is Editor-in-Chief of PubMed-indexed IMCJ, Treasurer of Board of IFM, board member of the American Herbal Pharmacopeia, and a member of the science boards of the Hecht Foundation, Gateway for Cancer Research and Bioclinic Naturals.
Dr. Pizzorno has been licensed in the State of Washington since 1975 and is the recipient of numerous awards and honors such as the Linus Pauling Award by the Institute for Functional Medicine, Holistic Medicine Pioneer by the American Holistic Medicine Association and Naturopathic Physician of the Year by the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians. He was appointed by Presidents Clinton and Bush to two prestigious commissions advising the US government on how to integrate natural medicine into the healthcare system.
Author or co-author of 5 textbooks for doctors including the internationally acclaimed Textbook of Natural Medicine and upcoming Clinical Environmental Medicine and 7 books for consumers, such as the best-selling Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine and recently released, The Toxin Solution, he has been an intellectual, academic and political leader in integrative medicine for four decades.
Dr. Wendy Ellis ND, is a naturopathic physician with a specialty in endocrine dysfunction, gastrointestinal issues and autoimmune disease. Currently, Dr Ellis is working as a Clinical Specialist in the Translational Science department at Arivale.
Prior to joining Arivale, she was the clinic director of Tahoma Clinic Seattle, and maintained her practice in the Seattle area for 12 years. Research and education have been a vital part of Dr Ellis’s clinical practice, and she has lectured extensively around the country at medical conferences on hormone dysfunction, autoimmune disease and endocrine disrupting compounds.
A native of Maine, Dr Ellis enjoys spending time outdoors trail running with her dog, playing soccer & skiing. She and her husband Paul have three kids, Griffin, Maeve and Lily. They spend as much time as they can exploring Puget Sound by boat and cooking meals to share with friends.
World Class presenters | Unbiased information | Clinical focus | Comprehensive discussion with deep drilling | Easy access to all notes, handouts, videos | Best and latest information | No travel costs | No carbon emissions | No time away from your clinic or your family
TAKE YOUR PRACTICE TO THE NEXT LEVEL
Research on natural medicine is increasing fast. You will get the very latest research and practical direction in assisting the large number of patients seeking natural health care. With every course you receive the links to all papers referenced.
FOREVER ASK QUESTIONS
As a graduate of any of our Masterclass events you will receive an exclusive invitation to our Health Masters Live Alumni Group where we share ideas, case studies, ask questions of fellow graduates and all keep in touch.
We present high-level, unbiased, post-graduate education. We have no financial connection to any suppliers of supplements or other goods to natural healthcare providers. All presentations are highest level, unbiased, and non-commercial.
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
You will receive a personalized certificate for each course you do with us. We are a global company and have our events preapproved by many associations around the world. A list of course approvals are on our calendar page under each course. Please check with your professional Board with regard to how many points/credits per hour of study are given with Health Masters Live classes. For further information on CEs please refer to our Continuing Education page.
THE ALL ACCESS PASS
Before you purchase ANY class you might want to consider the All Access Pass for best value. Master your postgraduate education and get on board today.