Christine Houghton is an astute follower of the latest clinical research and advances in natural therapeutics and she has some very interesting insights to share on the current global pandemic. This virus looks like it will be with us for a while yet so we need to know as much about it and what we can do about it as possible.
The novel COVID-19 coronavirus has thrown up some puzzling questions that are challenging both health professionals and scientists at this unprecedented time. A closer look at how this virus affects human cells reveals that there are a number of inbuilt defence mechanisms that the human immune system can use to mount a successful challenge against this virus. Translating this science can provide some practical strategies for both the prevention of infection and therapy for those infected. This series explores these little-known, evidence-based mechanisms of human cells including those specific to the immune system.
In addition to utilising these mechanisms, Christine discusses how we can implement some of the principles of nutrigenomics to provide a unique approach to addressing viral and microbial infections.
FROM THIS SERIES YOU WILL
- Learn how this virus functions and causes serious infections
- Understand how our innate immune system has in-built anti-infective mechanisms that we may be able to boost
- Discover how to recruit defence systems other than our immunity to protect against infection
- Learn how immune signalling processes work
- Dive deep on the intricacies of our viral immune defences
- Learn the role of cytokines in viral defence and how cytokine storms arise
- Discover some valuable nutrigenomics principles that we can use to protect people against infection and also overcome an active infection
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- Clear protocol explanations
- Clinical pearls for improved practice results
- Access to audio and video recordings
- A PDF of the presenter’s slides
- Links to all referenced research papers and useful clinical handouts
- Your exclusive invitation to our alumni hub to ask questions
- Viral entry – adding the missing links in the ACE2 narrative
- Effects of ACE2 destruction
- Harnessing endogenous mechanisms to inhibit viral entry
- Highlighting innate immune antiviral functions
- Respiratory and gut immunity – parallel mechanisms
- CoV-2 and Haemoglobin destruction – oxidative stress, oxygen deprivation
- Sequenced signalling mechanisms – the key to immune modulation
- Necessary elements of the ideal therapy
- Modulation, not regulation
- Understanding the mechanisms of the Cytokine Storm
- Nutrigenomic interventions targeting key defence mechanisms
- Nutrigenomic activation vs isolated synthetic nutrients
- Some practical guidelines for individual and clinical prevention and therapy
Dr Christine Houghton holds a PhD in Nutrigenomics and a BSc in Biochemistry from the University of Queensland and she has a Graduate Diploma in Human Nutrition from Deakin University. She is a registered Nutritionist and Adjunct Lecturer in the School of Human Movement and Nutrition Science at the University of Queensland. After practising Nutritional Medicine for 3 decades, Christine’s interests currently lie in researching nutrigenomically-active phytochemicals and in offering her knowledge and experience to other clinicians.
NEXT LEVEL CLINICAL PRACTICE
Research on natural medicine is increasing fast. You will get the very latest research and practical direction in assisting the large number of patients seeking natural health care. With every course, you receive the links to all papers referenced.
FOREVER ASK QUESTIONS
As a graduate of any of our Masterclass events, you will receive an exclusive invitation to our locked and highly valuable alumni hub where we share ideas, case studies, ask questions of fellow graduates and all keep in touch.
We present high-level, unbiased, post-graduate education. We have no financial connection to any suppliers of supplements or other goods to natural healthcare providers. All presentations are high level, unbiased, and noncommercial.
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
You will receive a personalized certificate for each course you do with us. For further information on CEs please refer to our Continuing Education page.
THE ALL ACCESS PASS
Before you purchase ANY class you might want to consider the All Access Pass for best value. Master your postgraduate education and get on board today.
- World Class presenters
- Unbiased information
- Clinical focus
- Comprehensive topic coverage
- Easy access to all notes, handouts, videos
- Best and latest information
- No travel costs or carbon emissions
- No time away from your family