3 Module Online Webinar Short Course
One of the very best things we can do for our new person is to give them our time and care and breastfeed them. Unfortunately, breastfeeding is in trouble. Mothers often have a fear of not producing enough milk. Many are concerned their milk may have toxins that outweigh the benefits. And they also don’t know what to do when things don’t go as planned. The wisdom that has been past down through generations has faltered.
With falling rates of breastfeeding, you are in a perfect position to give new mothers clear, reliable support they need to be confident and prepared to give their baby the best start they can.
You will see below in the program outline that this 3-part short course covers all of the aspects we need to give sound advice.
Dawn Whitten is a highly experienced clinician, and qualified lactation consultant and very passionate advocate of natural breastfeeding. She has spent considerable time preparing this course for clinicians to enable us to confidently step in to support mothers to give their babies the healthiest start in life.
*This course has a 4th bonus session on Infantile GORD and Colic from Lesson 9 of the Gastrointestinal Two Masterclass.*
Listen below to hear Dawn discuss the Breastfeeding Course.
YOU WILL LEARN
- How breasts work
- Why many women doubt their ability to produce breast milk
- The many valuable functions of breastmilk for the new born
- The role of supplements if they are helpful or required
- How to identify causes and strategies to rectify low milk supply
- What to do for mastitis, sore nipples, low supply and thrush
- Which nutrients breastfeeding mothers needs to aware of
- How medical drugs, herbal medicines and environmental chemicals affect breast milk and feeding
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- Clear presentations explaining exactly how to best help mothers support their new babies by breastfeeding
- A PDF of all presentation slides
- A PDF with links to all of the referenced research papers
- Access to the video and audio recordings of all presentations within 6 hr of the live event
Each webinar is 90 minutes: 75 minutes presentation + 15 minutes Q&A
Webinar One – Perceived Low Milk Supply
- Functions of breastfeeding for mother and child
- Health implications for mothers and infants who are sub-optimally breastfed
- How breasts work
- How to assess infant intake
- Supplementation considerations and risks including: donor milk, formula and concerns with home-made formula.
- Establishment of breastfeeding
- Why women doubt their supply
- Maternal and infant wellbeing
Webinar Two – Maternal Nutrition, Medications and Environmental Chemicals
- Nutrients in high demand
- Transfer of substances through breastmilk
- Pragmatic risk:benefit assessment
- Alcohol and breastfeeding
- Environmental chemicals present in breastmilk and formula
Webinar Three – Naturopathic Support for Common Breastfeeding Challenges
- Mastitis – causes, types, differential diagnosis, and treatments
- Sore nipples
- Common conditions of the nipple and treatment suggestions
- Cautions about default diagnosis of oral and nipple thrush in mothers and babies
- Low Supply – Supportive naturopathic treatment and how to individualise based on clinical features
Dawn Whitten BNat (Hons) IBCLC
Dawn is a naturopath, herbalist and an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant. She has been in clinical practice for 14 years, mostly in busy apothecary and clinic settings where she has had the opportunity to work with many mothers and babies. She participates in peer-education and is passionate about sharing her lactation knowledge in the naturopathy field.
Dawn is part of the collective running Goulds Natural Medicine, an apothecary and clinic, established in Hobart Tasmania in 1881. She also coordinates one of the units within the Evidence-based Complementary Medicine post-graduate program at the University of Tasmania.
World Class presenters | Unbiased information | Clinical focus | Comprehensive discussion with deep drilling | Easy access to all notes, handouts, videos | Best and latest information | No travel costs | No carbon emissions | No time away from your clinic or your family
TAKE YOUR PRACTICE TO THE NEXT LEVEL
Research on natural medicine is increasing fast. You will get the very latest research and practical direction in assisting the large number of patients seeking natural health care. With every course you receive the links to all papers referenced.
FOREVER ASK QUESTIONS
As a graduate of any of our Masterclass events you will receive an exclusive invitation to our locked and highly valuable Health Masters Live Alumni Group where we share ideas, case studies, ask questions of fellow graduates and all keep in touch.
We present high-level, unbiased, post-graduate education. We have no financial connection to any suppliers of supplements or other goods to natural healthcare providers. All presentations are highest level, unbiased, and non-commercial.
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
You will receive a personalized certificate for each course you do with us. We are a global company and have our events preapproved by many associations around the world. Please check with your professional Board with regard to how many points/credits per hour of study are given with Health Masters Live classes.
THE ALL ACCESS PASS
Before you purchase ANY class you might want to consider the All Access Pass for best value. Master your postgraduate education and get on board today.