Dr Glenn Livingston strongly believes that our culture has created the perfect storm for overeating and uncontrolled behaviour.
Hyperpalatable food-like substances that concentrate fat, sugar, starch, sodium, and excitotoxins provide pleasure that our evolution never prepared us for. And advertising packages all of this up in ways that make it seem like we can’t live without them. This is making it very difficult for your patients to eat well consistently and stick to exercise plans.
Glenn Livingstone has developed an approach to binge eating that has helped a very large number of people eat well and keep eating well. It dramatically improves their ability to stick to any healthy food plan so they can achieve weight loss and/or fitness goals.
The live webinar is an interview-style discussion where we examine the reasoning behind binge eating and how we can most effectively assist our patients to master their own eating behaviours. Join us for this discussion to see why so many people struggle to stick to diets and how you can help them.
YOU WILL LEARN
- Why rules work better than guidelines
- Why character trumps willpower. Deciding what kind of person you want to be around a particular food is much more effective than “white-knuckling” it through temptation after temptation
- How to commit with perfection, but forgive yourself with dignity
- How to reduce the struggle so often associated with dieting
- How to teach your clients to stop wasting their time and energy debating the ‘food master/monster’ inside them
- A way to overcome the counter-productive thoughts and feelings associated with bingeing and overeating
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- Clinical pearls for improved practice results
- Access to audio and video recordings
- A PDF of the presenter’s slides
- Links to all referenced research papers and useful clinical handouts
- Your exclusive invitation to our alumni hub to ask questions
Glenn Livingston PhD is a veteran psychologist and was the long time CEO of a multi-million dollar consulting firm which has serviced several Fortune 500 clients in the food industry. You may have seen his (or his company’s) previous work, theories, and research in major periodicals like The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, The Chicago Sun Times, The Indiana Star Ledger, The New York Daily News, American Demographics or any of the other major media outlets you see on this page. You may also have heard him on ABC, WGN, and/or CBS radio, or UPN TV.
Disillusioned by what traditional psychology had to offer overweight and/or food obsessed individuals, Dr Livingston spent several decades researching the nature of bingeing and overeating via work with his own patients and a self-funded research program with more than 40,000 participants. Most important, however, was his own personal journey out of obesity and food prison to a normal, healthy weight and a much more lighthearted relationship with food.
NEXT LEVEL CLINICAL PRACTICE
Research on natural medicine is increasing fast. You will get the very latest research and practical direction in assisting the large number of patients seeking natural health care. With every course, you receive the links to all papers referenced.
FOREVER ASK QUESTIONS
As a graduate of any of our Masterclass events, you will receive an exclusive invitation to our locked and highly valuable alumni hub where we share ideas, case studies, ask questions of fellow graduates and all keep in touch.
We present high-level, unbiased, post-graduate education. We have no financial connection to any suppliers of supplements or other goods to natural healthcare providers. All presentations are high level, unbiased, and noncommercial.
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
You will receive a personalized certificate for each course you do with us. For further information on CEs please refer to our Continuing Education page.
THE ALL ACCESS PASS
Before you purchase ANY class you might want to consider the All Access Pass for best value. Master your postgraduate education and get on board today.
- World Class presenters
- Unbiased information
- Clinical focus
- Comprehensive topic coverage
- Easy access to all notes, handouts, videos
- Best and latest information
- No travel costs or carbon emissions
- No time away from your family